• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone discovered heavy metals were primary cause?

Yes. This guy in California publishes a lot and is also training Drs, and gave me a name in Canada, perhaps they know someone in France.

ScottTriGuy

Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.
Yes. This guy in California publishes a lot and is also training Drs, and gave me a name in Canada, perhaps they know someone in France.

Hey @Kiwi Jack

Awesome results for you, inspiring for me. I'm interested in learning more, so...

2 questions:

What guy in California?

What doctor in Canada? (If you're comfortable sharing here, if not please PM me).

thanks,
Scott

Oops sorry, didn't add the contacts.

Dr Robert Rowan in California; http://www.docrowen.com

Dr Alan Canon in Toronto; http://clinicalcranialosteopathy.com
I flew to Toronto and was very impressed with Dr Canon, European trained Dr, lots of experience with ozone, more of a functional medicine type. If you want more detail feel free to PM me. I highly recommend him.

Dr. Frank Shallenberger in Carson City NV; https://www.antiagingmedicine.com

I'm sure there are others who practice various types of ozone therapy in other cities. As far as I know Dr Canon is the only Dr in Canada using this particular hemodialysis method. Another Dr in Newfoundland is in the process of setting up a machine.

Hope this helps.

I watched as candida fell into the toilet, large yellow clumps. So I know it killed something in my colon. But I did both blood and rectal insufflations. I can't say what else or where else. My impression is the ultimate benefit is to get it to the blood which will carry it everywhere else. So to answer your question directly I'd say it's not restricted to just the blood, and that's what I've been reading also. Hope this helps.

knackers323

Did everyone use drs data? How much dmps did you use for the provocation? Does it matter what is used to provoke it?

My Dr seems clueless about it.

I used DD. The Naturopath knew exactly what to do. I didn't see what was in the syringe. I'd suggest seeing another Dr, at least for this test, seriously. This appears the gold standard of metals testing and I assume proper administration is absolutely key. Otherwise it's a complete waste of time and money. You shouldn't be telling your Dr how to administer. Sorry, not answering your question here, don't mean to sound mean. He could simply call DD and get instructions but if he/she can't figure that out, I wouldn't trust with this test. Good Luck.

optimist

I am wondering if anyone has done the Cutler protocol properly by reading this? I am becoming quite convinced that my own case is mainly caused by mercury, and I have studied the protocol quite a lot for some time now. (One can never know for sure though, only time will tell)

For instanse, I read that you @minkeygirl took DMPS for eight months and it did practically nothing too you. The cutler protocol's big gun is ALA, and eight months is normally not enough time even with ALA. ALA crosses BBB, but DMPS and DMSA does not.

Tests will normally not reveal too much of interest, as the main problem is Hg inside the brain. I have been talking to a couple of people who have been doing the protocol for some time and they are getting better.

Right now, I am doing about 8.3mg doses of DMPS every six hours, and I'm aiming at four days.

Before I have done 3 rounds of 3 days with 6.25 mg DMSP every six hour, except the first which was every eighth. I have felt better on round each time, and there is definitely something going on. When I can handle a larger dose, I plan on trying a combo of ALA and DMPS together.

Kind regards,
Optimist

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@optimist. I don't remember the dose. It was a long time ago. I had to make a choice. Food or treatment.

It absolutely helped my MCS which are about 99% better and it helped with my equilibrium which was bad back then.

leela

My first HM urine test (provoked) showed lead at 175X reference range. How am I not dead?
After 1.5 years of weekly IV chelation it came down to 24X ref range.
IV chelation was too hard on me to continue, so I did about another year of other gentler methods and it came down to 12X reference range,
which is still all the way off the chart.

Metals, Lyme, fungus, viruses--I don't believe there is only one cause. Many entities use the metals to their advantage, and a compromised immune system naturally hosts many entities. Since I have several herpes-family viruses, lyme, multiple bacterial and candida, it's always hard to know what to treat when. I've no doubt I'd feel a lot better if I could get the lead out safely.

I haven't retested metals in a while bc I've not been treating it directly--but I found it interesting how the tests reflected the aggressiveness (or not) of my course of treatment, which is why I am inclined to have faith in the urine challenge tests and the effectiveness of treatment.

optimist

From what I've read about IV, both challenge and treatment, is that some people have become zombies and even died... It sounds too scary and dangerous to me... DMSA is supposed to be effective against lead.

I am quite convinced that my fungus is due to Hg, and that most of my troubles come from the fungus. So, in order to get well, I need to get rid of the Hg to kill the candida. But, that is my case, and I totally agree that there should be many causes for ME/CFS.

Rlman

Started ozone therapy and everything improved dramatically. Candida yeast came out in a big lump. Travelling for this therapy so not doing it as regularly as I'd like, and still feeling a bit up and down, but up times feeling almost cured, best I've felt in 14 years. Some say the ozone will detox metals too but we'll see over time. Getting fillings replaced regardless. Ozone kills all pathogens so perhaps thats my primary issue not metals. After just 1 treatment I felt a dramatic shift, which I associate more to pathogen death than metal detox, at least that's my thought. This ozone appears to be the answer for me. I bought a generator for home so I can do some self administration. Final testing prior to this showed the possibibliy of heavy metals, mould, yeast, Lyme, virus, could be any or all. Ozone is the answer. But it's still early days, only 3 weeks, need more time to experiment, but looks very encouraging.

@Kiwi Jack its great to see you're feeling better. candida is very often present when there is mercury poisoning. yeastinfectionadvisor.com talks about that and probably cutler too.

I don't know if it was the only way, but it was the way that worked for me, and super quick and effective. It was suggested to me that once candida gets to the point of forming colonies, they can be near impossible to destroy. So ozone worked for me. Although I have no way of actually telling for sure. But I did see clumps of yellowish gunk in the toilet and was told that was colonies of candida.