• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A Passing of Note

Rufous McKinney

I appreciate Dr. Epstein, who recognized our pathogen.

so it was 1961, I got my first mononucleosis in 1963, Kissing disease at Ten.

Why would I have a kissing disease? Made fun of at school, once I finally went back. I stayed inside at recess, for most of fifth grade. That was "managing" the mononucleosis.

How odd, eh? I was not to go out and play with the other children at recess. Like these people knew something that today's doctors all forgot. Today's doctors are telling sick children to go outside and play and ignore their exhaustion.

SWAlexander

Today's doctors are telling sick children to go outside and play and ignore their exhaustion.
Like I said in another post: we have become a commodity.
In a culture fixated on performance, both children and adults face immense pressure to excel and often ignore their discomfort or pain in the process.

This relentless pursuit of achievement often comes at the cost of personal autonomy and emotional well-being, as individual feelings and experiences are sidelined in favor of measurable success.

This environment can lead to a neglect of personal health, a diminution of self-awareness, and a societal disregard for the importance of mental and emotional care.