• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

$240,000 raised!!! #TripleTuesdayOMF- For every $1 donated OMF will receive $3!!! $100k goal!

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Hi guys,

Today is the LAST DAY to triple your donation!

Here are some words from the OMF board:

HOPE-MECFS-Facebook.jpg
Four Years of Accomplishments & Growing!
Triple Giving Tuesday-Nov 29th.

With your unwavering support, OMF has become the leader in ME/CFS research. OMF is excited to announce some of our accomplishments since our founding in 2012. Your generous support helps us continue...

• OMF has raised over $5.6 million to-date to invest in our collaborative research projects. We can’t thank the patient community enough for their trust and generosity!
  • OMF has funded 3 genetics data gathering studies.
  • OMF currently has 3 major studies underway and several small projects with great promise, including the Severely ill Big Data Study, Metabolomics and Genetics Validation, and the B12/Folate/MTHFR study.
  • OMF has established a reputation as the leading open and collaborative research entity worldwide for ME/CFS.
  • OMF is in touch with hundreds of thousands of patients, building a global community. "OMF Team International."
  • In mid 2016 we received the GuideStar “Platinum status”, a respected award in the Non Profit Community for transparency.
  • We have received the Great Nonprofit designation as a “Top-rated charity 2015 and 2016” voted by you, our donors.
  • We have advised governmental and other important organizations in the USA regarding ME/CFS research, including the NIH.
  • OMF is involved with other patient advocates to push for additional government funding.

"Linda is an irresistible force and her warmth and intense commitment to finding a diagnosis and cure have brought me a friend, ally and ray of hope amidst the dreadful darkness of this disease. In addition, as a physician I became even more outraged at the failures of most of the medical world to show interest in and help fellow sufferers with this. So I have become deeply committed to fight for all of us with whatever energy and resources I have to bring attention to this disease and its complex biological processes. With the knowledge gained from the necessary research which is beginning, there will be enormous benefit to all of us far beyond even the world of ME/CFS." - Dr. Deborah Rose, board member & Triple Giving Tuesday matching gift funder.

Today is the final day of Triple Giving Tuesday. If you have already donated, we genuinely say 'thank you'! If you have not yet donated, please join Dr. Rose and donate today to triple your donation and help accelerate research to find answers. Donate now to find a cure. .

Thank you for being our partner!

Best wishes,
Grateful OMF Board
openmedicinefoundation.org

Thanks for all your support and donations. Will keep you updated.

B

Jennifer J

Hi guys,

Today is the LAST DAY to triple your donation!

Here are some words from the OMF board:

HOPE-MECFS-Facebook.jpg
Four Years of Accomplishments & Growing!
Triple Giving Tuesday-Nov 29th.

With your unwavering support, OMF has become the leader in ME/CFS research. OMF is excited to announce some of our accomplishments since our founding in 2012. Your generous support helps us continue...

• OMF has raised over $5.6 million to-date to invest in our collaborative research projects. We can’t thank the patient community enough for their trust and generosity!
  • OMF has funded 3 genetics data gathering studies.
  • OMF currently has 3 major studies underway and several small projects with great promise, including the Severely ill Big Data Study, Metabolomics and Genetics Validation, and the B12/Folate/MTHFR study.
  • OMF has established a reputation as the leading open and collaborative research entity worldwide for ME/CFS.
  • OMF is in touch with hundreds of thousands of patients, building a global community. "OMF Team International."
  • In mid 2016 we received the GuideStar “Platinum status”, a respected award in the Non Profit Community for transparency.
  • We have received the Great Nonprofit designation as a “Top-rated charity 2015 and 2016” voted by you, our donors.
  • We have advised governmental and other important organizations in the USA regarding ME/CFS research, including the NIH.
  • OMF is involved with other patient advocates to push for additional government funding.

"Linda is an irresistible force and her warmth and intense commitment to finding a diagnosis and cure have brought me a friend, ally and ray of hope amidst the dreadful darkness of this disease. In addition, as a physician I became even more outraged at the failures of most of the medical world to show interest in and help fellow sufferers with this. So I have become deeply committed to fight for all of us with whatever energy and resources I have to bring attention to this disease and its complex biological processes. With the knowledge gained from the necessary research which is beginning, there will be enormous benefit to all of us far beyond even the world of ME/CFS." - Dr. Deborah Rose, board member & Triple Giving Tuesday matching gift funder.

Today is the final day of Triple Giving Tuesday. If you have already donated, we genuinely say 'thank you'! If you have not yet donated, please join Dr. Rose and donate today to triple your donation and help accelerate research to find answers. Donate now to find a cure. .

Thank you for being our partner!

Best wishes,
Grateful OMF Board

Thanks for all your support and donations. Will keep you updated.

B

Bump. Today's the last day to triple your donations. Thank you everyone for doing what you can. :hug:

Jennifer J

Last few hours to donate and Triple your donation!

B

Hi, @Ben Howell. Are you still up? Was wondering does this go til 5 pm California time or midnight? A very nice PR member is helping me put an antivirus program on my computer, I don't think I have one. Running into problems and my energy is going kaput. Hope to do it by 5 if that's the deadline, if not I'll find another way. Thank you, Ben for your help, PR members and Dr. Rose and the team at OMF, and everyone for doing what you can do to make a difference!:)

Last edited:

Ben H

Hi, @Ben Howell. Are you still up? Was wondering does this go til 5 pm California time or midnight? A very nice PR member is helping me put an antivirus program on my computer, I don't think I have one. Running into problems and my energy is going kaput. Hope to do it by 5 if that's the deadline, if not I'll find another way. Thank you, Ben for your help, PR members and Dr. Rose and the team at OMF, and everyone for doing what you can do to make a difference!:)

Hi @Jennifer J

It was til midnight :)

Thankyou for sorting lots of things to donate, I how difficult this is when you are severe.

Will keep you updated, and thankyou so much to everyone that donated and made this a real success.

B

Ben H

Hi guys,

Update. So in total, #tripletuesday campaign raised....

$240,000 !!! :woot::thumbsup::eek::rofl::hug::redface:

Nearly a quarter of a million for REAL research! Amazing.

Thankyou to all that took part, nudged their families and friends etc. OMF is EXTREMELY grateful and will keep you posted on updated of what projects etc the money will go to!

B

Last edited:

Jennifer J

:balloons:
Hi guys,

Update. So in total, #tripletuesday campaign raised....

$240000 !!! :woot::thumbsup::eek::rofl::hug::redface:

Nearly a quarter of a million for REAL research! Amazing.

Thankyou to all that took part, nudged their families and friends etc. OMF is EXTREMELY grateful and will keep you posted on updated of what projects etc the money will go to!

Thank you, @Ben Howell for the update, and a big thank you to Dr. Deborah Rose for tripling our donations, and wasn't there others that tripled it too? Thank you! And thank you to everyone that donated! :angel:

Ben H

HOPE-MECFS-Facebook.jpg

thank_you_air-580x399.jpg

Over the past six weeks, the ME/CFS community has rallied together to take a stand in the fight to cure ME/CFS.

OMF's Triple Giving Tuesday brought together a record number of donors for a ground-breaking success.

Our Triple Giving Tuesday campaign has raised over $240,000!

More than 500 donors participated in this important call to action.

Thanks to Dr. Deborah Rose, friends and supporters like you, OMF can strive to make lives better for people with ME/CFS and their families. The funds we raised will expand OMF's revolutionary research — identifying effective treatments, establishing biomarkers and ultimately, prevention.

Our community truly rallied to this call. We are so grateful to each and every person who donated. Please know that whether your gift was $3 or $10,000 or more, you are helping to fast-track research to find answers.

Thank you for standing with us creating the biggest single giving event we have ever had.
OMF's Triple Giving Tuesday Rocks!!

ProHealth Supports OMF

OMF's longtime friend and supporter, Rich Carson, created ProHealth and has successfully supported sufferers of ME/CFS, fibromyalgia and chronic Lyme for many years by offering world-class nutritional supplements and by providing news, information and community to make life better for patients.

Rich Carson is also a leader in philanthropy and patient advocacy and has helped to fund research and promote awareness all over the world.

Today we are pleased to announce a corporate partnership with ProHealth and OMF and thank Rich and his team for inviting their customers to join them in supporting OMF's revolutionary research. ProHealth is including a promotional piece with all of their December orders. Join us in thanking Rich Carson's ProHealthfor their unwavering support of the patient community and research.

PMWC_2017_MV_300x250_ver03.jpg

Join OMF @ PMWC 2017

Join us at the Precision Medicine World Conference for the preeminent forum for the exchange of ideas about the latest advances and topics in precision medicine. OMF is honored to be a media sponsor. PMWC members, Randy Scott, Invitae Corporation and Aris Baras, Regeneron Genetics Center, share why this collaboration is so important to them.

Register Now. You may use the special OMF discount
code to save on your registration.OMF_10_pmwc2017SV

Open Medicine Foundation

Tax ID: 26-4712664

Our Mission:
  • To support collaborative medical research to find effective treatments and diagnostic markers
  • To communicate, engage and inform the patient community.
  • To help drive & support scientific meetings for continued global collaboration.
Working together to find a cure!
Linda%20pic.jpg
Yours truly,
Linda
Linda Tannenbaum
CEO/President

Donate Now
to join the Team of HOPE!

Turn Your Online Shopping Into Donations for Research.

Donate%20Car.jpg
Donate your old car, boat or plane and turn it into $$ to support research.
(Available in the US only.)
We invite the patient community to get involved by sharing with friends and family on Social Media.

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Please visit our website
Donate for a cure

Would you like to forward this email to a friend? Click here.

Share This Email:

B
1.gif