• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

$10 million just donated to ME research!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
There's a thread on this with a rather quiet title (the title of the Amy Dockser Marcus WSJ blogpost that reports it) so I don't think that this news has got the attention it deserves here on Phoenix Rising! It's phenomenally good news.

If you're interested, please go over to that thread and take a look or comment. It's well worth it! Here's the link.

:balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons:

Esther12

I've not been as happy as I should be about this.

Thanks for the smilie balloons to remind me what good news this is!!

I spend too much time reading bad CFS papers by researchers I don't respect, and that can lead to me being unduly pessimistic about things - it sounds like there are steps forward in quite a few areas, and hopefully we'll be able to do more to capitalise on that with this extra funding.

ahimsa

ahimsa_pdx on twitter
:D Thanks so much for re-posting with such a straightforward title! :D

I did indeed miss the original post (can't read them all) but this post got my attention. I'll go over to the WSJ blog now and read more about it.