1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Brain Cells Making us Sick? The microglia connection in ME/CFS & Fibromyalgia
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, could trigger and perpetuate the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

sublingual b12

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by GenDylan, Oct 9, 2013.

1. GenDylan

GenDylan

im wondering if am doing this whole "under the tongue" process properly.

i let it "dissolve " under my tongue for over an hour; YET,i feel like im just swallowing the juices from it, like it melts and i just swallow the b12 juice.

isnt b12 poorly absorbed through the stomach??? am i doing this wrong???
  2. Mij

Mij Senior Member

I'm only going by what I've able to find online, we only absorb 10% or so from the tablet. I also can't find any information that proves dissolving B12 sublingually is more effective than chewing it. I read somewhere that the molecule are too large to be absorbed under the tongue anyways.
    Valentijn likes this.
  3. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    My understanding is that swallowed B12 meets intrinsic factor in the stomach, which makes it useable. I'd never heard that we only absorb 10% sublingually.You might search through the many B12 comments/threads here for more info.
  4. GenDylan

GenDylan

thank you guys, i appreciate yall taking the time to help :) :)
  5. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    It's debatable whether it can be absorbed sublingually. Basically the molecules have to be under a certain size to get absorbed under the tongue (and even smaller in the gum), and B12 is pretty big. Maybe too big, maybe not.

Basically it hasn't been proven that it can be absorbed sublingually, but it doesn't hurt to try. Megadosing is effective in the GI tract even if things are extremely dysfunctional down there.
    Mij likes this.
  6. GenDylan

GenDylan

when you guys go the Sublingual route, do you feel that youre just swallowing the melted b12 juices? or what?
  7. Mij

Mij Senior Member

See more popular forum discussions.