Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Solgar Methylcobalamin 5000mcg, how are people taking it?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by WendyM, Sep 17, 2015.

1. WendyM

WendyM

Sydney
    I have recently started taking Solgar MB12. On the front label the product is described as "sublingual", but the detailed instructions on taking it are "place nugget under tongue for 30 seconds before swallowing it".

I had always thought that stomach acid destroyed B12 and am inclined to let it completely dissolve under my gum.

How are other people taking this product?

Thanks,

Wendy

2. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

I know Freddd recommends placing it between lip and gum and leaving it there until it fully dissolves, which could take 30 min - 1 hour.

WendyM likes this.
  3. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    5000 mcg takes longer for me to dissolve. I would wake up, put it between my lip and teeth and go back to sleep.

WendyM likes this.
  4. helen1

helen1 Senior Member

Canada
    Definitely needs to be absorbed sublingually (or via shots). Keep it against your cheek or gum for as long as possible.

WendyM likes this.
  5. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

It probably can't be absorbed sublingually, and certainly not in the gum. MethylB12 is simply too large.

However large amounts of B12 can't be absorbed in the GI tract at the same time. So it probably is a bit helpful to put it under the gum to slow down the speed at which it dissolves and trickles down into the GI tract.

6. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    Many of us have had great success w/ Freddd Protocol, holding the B12 in gum for at least an hour. Some of us have switched to transdermal B12, there's a thread about it.

See more popular forum discussions.