Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Sleep quality and the treatment of intestinal microbiota imbalance in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Kati, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Kati

Kati Patient in training

Another Australian study:

Sleep quality and the treatment of intestinal microbiota imbalance in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A pilot study.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26779319

Crux, ScottTriGuy, Theodore and 2 others like this.
  2. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

Thanks @Kati. I have always found the subject of sleep fascinating. I've had sleep issues my entire life and I've wondered if that can make you more susceptible to developing conditions like ours. Possibly, mecfs makes sleep issues worse which is what has happened to me. Most likely a chicken/egg issue.

I started an online free course about sleep through Coursica but haven't been able to complete it. Hopfully I will.

Barb

3. alicec

alicec Senior Member

Australia
    An interesting concept and well worth studying, but I have the same problems as discussed here and later in the thread. I don't think the methodology used tell us much about the gut microbiome.

But while on the sleep question, here is a recent uBiome blog

barbc56 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.