1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A disease with two faces? Re-naming ME/CFS
Persuasion Smith covers the bases on the misleading and disreputable name for our disease we've all been saddled with ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Should I reduce my B12?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Myrtle, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Myrtle

Myrtle

UK
    Hi all,

I am already on 5mg methyl B12 (swanson) and have today just started to add Metafolin 800mcg.

Should I reduce my B12?

Will having a large dose of B12 compared to a starting dose of Metafolin cause problems?

If I do need to reduce the B12, what dose should I take?

Also, what final dose (approximately) should I be building up to for the Metafolin?

Thanks

2. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    I would suggest raising the folate and adding in adenob12 while keeping the methyl b12 where it is currently at, Adeno b12 is the other half of healing and necessary for the deadlock quartet alongside L Carnatine Fumarate. If you go too low with the folate you will produce paradoxical folate deficiency.. I did the same before and was corrected by Fred. Be sure to take in some form of supplemental potassium as well! You do not want to risk low potassium symptoms! I take at least a little under 3,000mg extra a day through a powder form of potassium gluconate from NOW brandname. Each dose yields about 323mg so I take three scoops three times a day. Along with a good potassium leveled diet this will serve you will. Do NOT however consume too much potassium supplementation.. If you go over 20,000mg a day of supplemental form potassium you could also risk hyperkalemia which is equally as deadly!

Here is a script of my conversation with Fred regarding folate deficiency.

3. Myrtle

Myrtle

UK
    Thank you for your reply.

Is potassium chloride an ok form of potassium to take? I have got some Saxa low salt which is 51% potassium chloride and 49% salt which I have been taking.

Also, do you know whether the Swanson B12 is any good? As it is a 5g tablet which seems much easier (and less expensive) to take than the Enzymatic Therapy B12 infusion.

So am I correct in my understanding that I should increase my Metafolin to 8mg a day split in to two doses?
    Should I do this immediately/tomorrow even though I only started taking it today?

Do you know what an appropriate dose of AdB12 would be?
    I was going to start taking for 1/3 of a capsule of the Anabol nuturals dibencoplex 10,000 daily in 2 or 3 days time, does that sound about right?
    Should I add it in now or wait a few days since I have just started the Metafolin?

If anyone else is able to reply to my questions as well so that I get them all answered, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you :)

4. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    Yes! I am not sure about the swanson brand, no experience... the Enzymatic therapy infusion b12 would be your best bet though!

You can find answers to correct doses on Fred's original methylation thread!

You can also start the adeno b12 immediately alongside the folate and methyl b12.. The only thing to hold off for is the carnatine once you pull out of any paradoxical folate deficiencies, and be sure to cover potassium deficiencies. Putting it in TOO soon can make you feel really anxious and almost jump out of your skin panicked.. Happened to me and a few others here lol..

I do 10,000mcg of methyl b12, 10,000mcg of adenob12, and 10,000mcg of folate a day, alongside 855g of carnatine. As long as you match doses to similar levels and keep folate and b12s high enough to avoid paradoxical deficiency you will be alright.. It might be better to start at lower doses though, but high enough to avoid troubles.. There is HUGE demand for potassium at first and this is regardless of doses but de toxing can hit hard if you jump into stronger doses too quickly..

5. aaadrien

aaadrien

France
    Hi Martial,

Thanks for your post, I didn't know the carnitine should be added after the paradoxical folate deficiencies have disappeared. I'm not sure I have paradoxical folate deficiencies or not, I will look into older posts from Fred to see what I can find on the subject.

See more popular forum discussions.