• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Phosphatidylcholine (PPC) adverse effects?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
This is the only 'new' thing I took today and 2 hrs later I felt like I'd been hit by a train. Was wondering if it could be the active ingredient or just that I'm intolerant of soy, I did wonder about the soy but it said 'no soy protein' I hoped it would be okay, however I won't be taking it again after this reaction. I felt relatively okay this morning that was before this hit me:(

girlinthesnow

It was a nutritionist who recommended it along with lots of others to add to my extensive collection of 'pills and potions'. I'm working my way through them but got sidetracked this week by a pesky kidney/UTI infection. I'll get back to it eventually. Yes we are :) Although it's kind of comforting to know there is someone else whose innards are as odd as mine ;)

PDXhausted

@maryb had you had reactions to soy prior to this?

I'm usually sensitive (though not to soy) and about to try phosphatidylcholine this week. I'll keep you posted.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@PDXhausted

I had intolerance to soya show up on my test so I've always avoided it. I wasn't expecting this sort of reaction even so.
I also took vit A liquid - one drop and Biosil - 6 drops, but I took them both yesterday so I don't think it was either of them.

Hope you can tolerate it, seems to be a good supplement, I may look for other forms of PPC. Good luck:)

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Thanks @ahmo that's a big help, I will look again at the citicoline, of course I wish I could understand my awful reaction to the PPC, do you have any ideas @adreno ?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@adreno
My doctor recommended it for Increased Intestinal Permeability, but I also thought it would help my brain fog, memory etc, which is totally trashed now with the help from daily Zopiclone..

adreno

PR activist
All choline forms increase acetylcholine levels, this may not be to your liking. Common side effects are headache, nausea, muscle tension, insomnia, depression.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Thanks @adreno
So I guess it'd be better to leave it alone without knowing which one would suit me, if any. Other than getting neurotransmitter testing it would be a case of just trying others, which I don't fancy doing really.

Chriswolf

I take sunflower leicithin, and it was after taking that, when I came out of a very bad episode of dysautonomia and headaches.

Granted, taking it for too many days in a row makes me start to feel bad, it was the only apparent thing that helped getting me out of a cycle of feeling feverish, headaches, eye pain, dizziness, weakness.

Violeta

I couldn't take PPC, at least the two brands I bought. I don't think I could break it down. I cut open a capsule and the stuff is nasty. I got some on my fingers and couldn't wash it off. I put the liquid in water and I was going to drink it, but it wouldn't dissolve.

Powder form of choline works for me. I just choline bitartrate. It's made from soy, and although soy lecithin and other forms of soy bother me, the choline doesn't.

I forget the exact symptoms but I remember thinking it was bothering my liver.