Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Phoenix Rising makes it to Pubmed!

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by msf, Jul 1, 2016.

1. msf

msf Senior Member

2. Invisible Woman

Invisible Woman Senior Member

Well... it's hard to know.

Things have moved forward. 20 years ago pwME were told not to contact patient groups. When patients were involved / in contact with other pwME this was considered to be a perpetuating factor in their condition and meant that they were less likely to recover.

My own opinion is that "they" didn't want us talking to each other as the more we learned the less likely we were to believe the psychobabble BS.

This abstract doesn't comment on that (which might be good in itself). Perhaps we've moved on a little?

3. Effi

Effi Senior Member

Europe
  4. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    and vicious tyrants don't like resistance movements....

ukxmrv, Sean, GreyOwl and 3 others like this.
  5. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Senior Member

Vancouver, British Columbia
    The belief is that you come to rely on your online friendships in the forum and then there is no incentive for a person to want to get better from their illness. This doesn't just apply to CFS/ME. I've also read this about breast cancer survivors. Absolute nonsense!

6. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    Yeah, that's total crap. I have learned of supplements to consider. Heard about Oxygen to help as well. Probably heard of LDN 1st on this site.

I do better than most, and stick around to offer any insight I might have. And to stay abreast of the more recent news and try to help with advocacy!

GG

7. A.B.

A.B. Senior Member

All roads lead to Rome. And all psychosocial narratives lead to patients being portrayed as needing therapists. They secretly dream about controlling the lives of vulnerable patients.

Valentijn likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.