Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Mulitvitamin with No Folic Acid

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by LisaGoddard, Oct 17, 2012.

1. LisaGoddard

LisaGoddard Senior Member

Great excitement!! I have found a multivitamin which does not contain folic acid. It was developed for people with autism. It contains folate (as L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate) and small amounts of adenosyl and methyb12 also. I am going to order some and will post how I get on. It is produced by Klaire labs - see below
    http://klaire.com/prod/proddetail.asp?id=K-VTSC

The only place in the UK that seems to stock it is mandimart
    http://www.mandimart.co.uk/vitaspectrum-180-capsules-klaire-labs-787-p.asp

Lisa

2. alice

alice Senior Member

No. CA, USA
    Here are two more multis that do not contain folic acid :

Pure Encapsulation Nutrient 950, which has Folate 800 mcg (as Metafolin) and B12 1,000 mcg (methylcobalamine). Serving size: 6 capsules.. NFI

The other is Thorne Basic Nutrients V: Folate: 1 gm. and Vitamin B12 as adeno//methylcobalamin 450 mcg. Serving size: 6 capsules. RichVank recommended this at one time. NFI

I would caution that if ordered from a large vitamin house, check to make sure they have these new formulations, because several places I checked still had older stock with folic acid. Sorry don't know if these brands are sold in UK.

3. LisaGoddard

LisaGoddard Senior Member

Thanks Alice! I hadn't heard of either of these.

4. Lala

Lala Senior Member

EU

See more popular forum discussions.