1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Low potassium and folate deficiency/insufficincy symptoms decision tree - Beta

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Freddd, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Ocean

Ocean Senior Member

U.S.
    Thank you Fredd!

2. cureminded

cureminded

I started taking B right and metafolin a couple of days ago and my nose started bleeding a little bit. Am I correct to interpret this a sign of potassium defficiency? I am taking a 99 mg pill only since I am not on adb or methyl B12 yet. I am on hydroxy still. Should I be taking more potassium at this point?

Thanks

3. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    HI CureMinded,

I don't have any reason to think that a bloody nose has anything to do with lack of potassium or is subject to fast changes. It is an item, pretty common, in the symptoms listed as deficiency symptoms for mb12/adb12/methylfolate. It appears to happen in the same set of symptoms that includes lesions of various kinds in the epithelial tissues such as line the nose, mouth, throat and so on. However, there are a lot of unknowns.

4. cureminded

cureminded

Hi Fred, thanks for the reply. Good to know that it's not the potassium. Please forgive my ignorance. I don't understand why this is happening now that I started adding methylfolate. I don't normally have nose bleeds.

5. Bisoujewels

Bisoujewels

CT
    Hi, I'm new to the forum and anxious to start on the protocol. Fred, I have a huge concern about the potassium issue. I'm wondering if you have any knowledge about salt wasting in adrenal fatigue and how it affects reactions to the protocol. Typically, I need to add salt and avoid potassium. Could this protol be inappropriate for me because of the salt issue? Any input you can provide would be most appreciated.

See more popular forum discussions.