1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hunting down the cause of ME/CFS & other challenging disorders - Lipkin in London
In a talk to patients in London on 3rd September, Dr. W. Ian Lipkin described the extraordinary lengths he and his team are prepared to go to in order to track down the source of an illness, with examples ranging from autism to the strange case of Kawasaki disease.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

K-PAX, Ritan, and Montoya: Treatment for CFS?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Firestormm, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    Sasha, Bob and Valentijn like this.
  2. Bob

Bob

South of England
  3. wdb

wdb Admin

London

Sushi and Firestormm like this.
  4. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
  5. A.B.

A.B. Senior Member

I remain skeptical about any claims that a stimulant is useful in ME/CFS because it seems to contradict the observation of post-exertional malaise. I expect that those reporting strong positive results will either experience an equally strong relapse later on, or be found to never having PEM in the first place. Follow ups are important here.

The nutritional supplements are probably going to be mildly to moderately helpful for improving general well being, but far from a cure.

Little Bluestem, NK17 and Bob like this.
  6. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

Wow, more energy and a film I somwhow missed! I am head over heels lusting dazzled by Kevin Spacey! I know, I know, but a fantasy is a fantasy.

It just doesn't get any better than this!

(Clears throat.) Sorry, didn't mean to get off topic, but Mr. Stone seems to have a good sense of humor. Carry on, be calm.:whistle:

Barb who has had way to much caffeine, so I guess this is energy related.:rolleyes:

Valentijn and Firestormm like this.
  7. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    Even with such a small dose of Ritalin, over time there is a good chance that tolerance will become an issue if it is taken daily. "Holidays" of not taking the stimulant is the best way to avoid this and it can be as small as taking 1 day of a week. Two to three day holidays or longer are the minimum preferred though, which is normally done monthly.

They don't work as well either if the patient has a untreated low performing thyroid function.

Marianarchy likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.