Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

increased frequency of urination treatment

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by jason6, Nov 7, 2016.

1. jason6

jason6

I have had UTIs (urinary tract infection) for about three years. Antibiotics cleared it up but it kept recurring. yeah, for three years I was treated regularly with antibiotics, and until recently, no doctor had noticed that my urine culture showed no bacteria, I dont know what to do and what treatment should I take, and now I cut sugar out of my diet, I tried different home remedies with no success, is there any effective increased frequency of urination treatment..thanks for any help.

2. Eastman

Eastman Senior Member

There was this thread discussing polyuria. A few members said they were helped by vitamin B12.

There was also this paper which indicated that polyuria was one of the symptoms associated with B12 deficiency.

3. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Rebel without a biscuit

Polyuria can also be a symptom of Orthostatic Intolerance or Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome.

PatJ likes this.
  4. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    I am prone to UTIs - one of my kidneys is weak. Several years ago I started taking a cranberry supplement daily and it's helped prevent UTIs from recurring. It may help with frequent urination too. I take 6 softgels a day (two 3 x day): https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-premium-cranberry-180-sgels

Do you have problems with candida due to all the ABX? That's very bad for doctors to keep prescribing ABX when there is no infection. We have to be our own doctors in many ways and not rely on them to do the right thing.

Zombie_Lurker likes this.
  5. Hip

Hip Senior Member

See this post for recurrent UTI treatments.

Are you asking for treatments for recurrent UTI's, or for increased frequency of urination, or for both?

6. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

There are so many medical conditions that could cause your symptoms that it might be a good idea to see a urologist for a complete work up. Especially, if you've had these symptoms for a long time.

Some supplements, prescription drugs and OTC medications can be harmful to your kidneys. This may or may not be related to what you are experiencing but it's good to be aware of these potential side effects.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/2015/11/supplements-otcs-may-hurt-kidneys/

Good luck!

KME likes this.
  7. KME

KME

Ireland
    Yes, there are drugs that treat increased frequency of urination, but it’s important to get an accurate diagnosis first as there are many different causes of this symptom. See a urologist. Drug-wise, it will depend on what the urologist determines the problem to be. For overactive bladder, for example, people might be put on Betmiga (mirabegron) or an anticholinergic.

PatJ and barbc56 like this.

See more popular forum discussions.