1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Leptin
Andrew Gladman reflects upon the recent IACFS/ME conference and the buzz surrounding a small molecule, leptin.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Polyuria, Nocturia and Polydipsia--ME symptoms?

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by Allyson, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Allyson

Allyson Senior Member

Australia, Melbourne
    Are polyuria, nocturia and polydipsia acknowledged symptoms of ME please?

Many PWME whom I ask have them. How about an easy online research project where PWME are asked to keep accurate fluid balance charts for 2 weeks or more? Thismay throw some light on it - it may be a cause of or result of POTS - we do not know. FOr me IM B 12 injections improve for a week or 2 - ie the polyuria stops - then returns after the injection wears off...or so it has seemed tme foe quite some time. IM B 12 is something that helps a lot of people with ME - maybe this is why..aparantly it is used to build connective tissue and also boosts blood volume.

THanks
  2. NilaJones

NilaJones Senior Member

Magnesium helped me a lot with nocturia.
    Allyson likes this.
  3. Allyson

Allyson Senior Member

Australia, Melbourne
    Intereting thanks - I take that but noticed no effect there

A
  4. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
  5. NilaJones

NilaJones Senior Member

It didn't have any effect for me until I worked my way up to 600mg oral + about 600 topical. But maybe I just got lucky!
    Allyson likes this.
  6. tyson oberle

tyson oberle

tampa, florida
    I seem to urinate far too much in the winter even though I usually don't drink any water or anything other liguid. Sometimes I feel dehydrated in the winter and I try to drink some water, but it seems as though it doesn't help any and that I just urinate it away. I don't know if I urinate too much in the summer because I do believe I drink lots of water during that time period and maybe it is proportional to what I urinate. I have also noticed that when I feel dehydrated in the summer it also often seems as though it doesn't help me either. When I feel dehydrated I really don't feel that I am thirsty. I wonder why I often times don't feel thirsty when I feel dehydrated? Do you think B12 injections might help? Does it have to be injections? I have taken B12 injections in the past, but I never noticed any improvements in symptoms. But I don't know if it helped with excessive urination or if I even had excessive urination back then when I was on the B12 injections. I wonder if vasopressin would help me? Do you think I should try it?
  7. Allyson

Allyson Senior Member

Australia, Melbourne
    it has to be B 12 injectios for me and they definitely help me Tyson - maybe keep a fluid balance chart before and after to see how much and how often you are pee....good luck

Ally
  8. Allyson

Allyson Senior Member

Australia, Melbourne
    i take neo B12
  9. Allyson

Allyson Senior Member

Australia, Melbourne
    have bever tried topical but too much oral gives me the runs alas so I have to limit it

A
  10. NilaJones

NilaJones Senior Member

Yeah, I think that's the reason people use the topical stuff.
    Allyson likes this.
  11. Allyson

Allyson Senior Member

Australia, Melbourne
    thanks - wll look into that then - never realised the link @NilaJones

See more popular forum discussions.