The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

In vitro evaluation of antiviral and virucidal activity of a high molecular weight hyaluronic acid

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Gondwanaland, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

Free full paper

sb4 likes this.
  2. Gondwanaland

3. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Hyaluronic acid is one of the enterovirus antiviral supplements and drugs listed on my post here.

The issue, though, with in vitro studies like this one is that they tell you the concentration that produces a potent antiviral effect in a cell line in vitro experiment, but the study does not tell you whether this same concentration can be obtained in vivo, in the blood and tissues, when the compound is taken orally.

If you can't obtain the same concentrations in the body, then you are not going to get any significant antiviral effect when you take the drug or supplement.

Whether you can obtain the same concentrations as were used in the in vitro study depends on factors such as the oral absorption and bioavailability of the drug or supplement. If the bioavailability is poor, then you may not be able to get high enough levels in the blood and tissues.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    sb4 and Gondwanaland like this.
  4. Gondwanaland

See more popular forum discussions.