• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. John Chia

Hip

From the article linked to above:
Sadly, no one else has taken on the task of confirming Dr. Chia's studies. Also there is no known antiviral therapy for EV - just an ill tolerated herbal preparation. Hopefully someone with Chia's expertise will investigate this further and confirm these important findings.

It is imperative that other researchers replicate Dr John Chia's results. This is very important in establishing the validity of the research.

Dr Chia's research itself replicated and validated the earlier ME/CFS enterovirus work performed by British researchers in the 1980s and 1990s — see here for links to these early British studies.

So enterovirus is the most studied virus in ME/CFS, and a virus that has consistently been most linked to ME/CFS.

It is ridiculous that no other researchers have yet taken Dr Chia's work further.

cigana

In the comments underneath that article, Charles Shepherd says

"At present, the balance of evidence (much of which was done in the UK by Professor John Gow and colleagues in Glasgow) relating to persisting enteroviral infection in ME/CFS is against any such link."

Can anyone give me any links or say something about this?