• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does Goldpharma sell fake drugs?

Good Afternoon.

I have recently bought a prescription drug from the internet, in Goldpharma.com , and I would like to know if anybody has experiences with this online pharmacy, do they sell real medicine or they are fake drugs?

Thanks in advance for your replies and feedback.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
They are very good. The only problem I have had with them is that delivery can be slow. Just be careful if you are looking for them via a search engine - there is another one that comes up which is http://goldpharma.biz/? and may be fake. In fact goldpharma.com didn't come up in the first two pages of hits when I searched just now, but the biz one came up at the top of the first page.

They are very good. The only problem I have had with them is that delivery can be slow. Just be careful if you are looking for them via a search engine - there is another one that comes up which is http://goldpharma.biz/? and may be fake. In fact goldpharma.com didn't come up in the first two pages of hits when I searched just now, but the biz one came up at the top of the first page.

There are several things that looks a bit suspicios, for example they do not give any phone contact number, any question is solved by email only. Another is that their prices are sometimes very low, too low to be true, some people say that is because in Europe some medicines are subsiaded.

The delivery is slow, that is completely true, but regarding the legal procedence of the drugs, do you consider they sell fake drugs or real and legit?

P.S. They do not ask for a prescription also, they sell without prescription.

MeSci

There are several things that looks a bit suspicios, for example they do not give any phone contact number, any question is solved by email only. Another is that their prices are sometimes very low, too low to be true, some people say that is because in Europe some medicines are subsiaded.

The delivery is slow, that is completely true, but regarding the legal procedence of the drugs, do you consider they sell fake drugs or real and legit?

I don't believe that their drugs are fake. Mine have been fine. They appear to come from bona fide pharmacies. The prices don't seem low to me compared with some other sites. The initial listed prices are low but when the extra charges are added they are similar to other sites.

Hip

Is this the first overseas pharmacy you have ordered from and dealt with @legm82?

Are you not aware that most overseas pharmacies will supply non-controlled prescription drugs without asking for a prescription, or sometimes just asking you to fill out a simple online form, which acts as a prescription.

The good thing about Goldpharma.com is their wide range: they seem to have a very comprehensive catalogue of drugs. I have used Goldpharma many times in the past, and find them to be highly reliable and professional.

Last edited:
Is this the first overseas pharmacy you have ordered from and dealt with @legm82?

Are you not aware that most overseas pharmacies will supply non-controlled prescription drugs without asking for a prescription, or sometimes just asking you to fill out a simple online form, which acts as a prescription.

Hello @Hip , you are right, most online pharmacies sell prescription drugs without asking for it, but the question here is If goldpharma sells legit drugs or fake ones?

When I look for "tips" to find out if a pharmacy is good or not, it is recommended to avoid those that Do not ask for prescription.

Besides that, they do not provide a telephone number to contact them in case of questions or assistance.

So, do you consider Goldpharma to be a scam or a legit online pharmacy?

Thanks for your reply.

@legm82

The only way for sure to know if Goldpharma is a scam or legit is to have proof. The only way to know if a medication doesn't contain what it is supposed to is to have it tested. There are legal ramifications to publicly saying a business is a scam or ripping people off if you don't have any proof.

Are you an ME patient and if so, are there particular meds/supplements you are looking for.

I think the best advice is for buyer to beware when it comes to online pharmacies. This one operates out of Costa Rica. Anybody can order medications without a prescription but there are ramifications to this. For instance, in Canada, it is a criminal offence to possess medications that require a prescription without a prescription. Customs could easily intercept an order and the next thing you know you are being questioned by the authorities. I really don't see much on this site that even requires a prescription unless I am missing something (only looked at a few categories).

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
best way is to go by peoples experience, there are meds that people know are real and not sugar pills going by how they affect you eg say sedating antidepressants for sleep etc. Also many of us have bought the meds locally and have compared them by effects.

Another thing is that in some countries one is able to buy/order upto 3 months worth of medications at a time as long as they arent controlled substances like narcotics, benzos, anabolic steroids.

If one is hesitant about giving bank details etc then sometimes its good to use a debit card with only the amount required for the purchase.

Also a site called the pharmacyreviewer which can be helpful and gives details of online pharmacy's which are good and has a list of black listed pharmacy's too. I think alot of this info comes from their online subscribers as well as them doing some investigation into companies finding out who owns the company, its actual location etc etc

heapsreal

can u post the actual link to goldpharma. A few years ago i try ordering from them but it was abit of a maze and when i got to the end the meds were cheap but the jacked up the price on postage. I dont know if i had the same goldpharma site u mention??

heapsreal

magicpharma was a good online pharmacy but they have been down for a few months.
The most reliable of late i have found is nobledrugs.com and the ship quick too but somethings they arent cheap like antivirals.
I placed a small order from clearskypharmacy.net in early november to test them out, had a friend from here order from them with no problems, so far i havent recieved anything yet but maybe they are slow shippers, they did reply recently to my email stating its in the country and put the blame on australia post. I hope they turn out good as they have well priced av's and abx and some other useful things for us cfsers.

In hips link to trustworthy pharmacy i have mentioned 4rx, i cant give them a good review as they limited their payment options to online cheques which i had never heard of but found out its limited to certain countries, plus found better prices elsewhere.

MeSci

A few years ago i try ordering from them but it was abit of a maze and when i got to the end the meds were cheap but the jacked up the price on postage. I dont know if i had the same goldpharma site u mention??

Yes, the final price is substantially more than the initial price, but I think they have improved this a little so that when you have put a drug in your basket you can see the final price, possibly excluding postage/exchange fees, but apart from the exchange fees you do see these before you pay. The exchange fee for the UK is only about £1.50 per order.

Re phone numbers, consumer advisors do generally recommend that you look for sites with geographical phone numbers, but personally I simply spent a lot of time searching for reviews before deciding whether to risk it.

There is at least one other thread here about online pharmacies. Do a search and you will find it/them.

Hip

magicpharma was a good online pharmacy but they have been down for a few months.
The most reliable of late i have found is nobledrugs.com and the ship quick too but somethings they arent cheap like antivirals.

Yes, I used Magic Pharma (http://www.magicpharma.com/) for a few years for pretty much all the drugs I bought online. They were great: very cheap, very fast, very reliable. But they have disappeared off the face of Earth now, unfortunately.

Magic Pharma used to post your drugs to you in flat plain envelopes, and that would never catch the attention of the customs, so you'd rarely have to pay tax or duty on the drugs. This saved a bit of money, but moreover, it expedited the delivery of the drugs to you, as your drugs were not caught up in the customs area of the postal service. In my experience, the drugs you ordered from Magic Pharma in India (I think) would arrive around 10 days later to the UK, which was very fast.

I am now looking for another pharmacy as good as Magic Pharma.

Last edited:

heapsreal

@Hip it depends what your after but the nobledrugs are good, very reliable and quick delivery, many times within a week. But they are very expensive for antivirals:( I like the way magic sent you your order too, very simple. with nobledrubs its a courier service and u have to sign for it.

If u come across anything like magicpharma let us know.

Hip

@Hip it depends what your after but the nobledrugs are good, very reliable and quick delivery, many times within a week. But they are very expensive for antivirals:( I like the way magic sent you your order too, very simple. with nobledrubs its a courier service and u have to sign for it.

If u come across anything like magicpharma let us know.

Will do.

I could not find the website for this Noble Drugs. Can you give me the web address.

Hip

Noble Drugs (www.nobledrugstore.com) checks:

A Google search I did on this pharmacy found no scams, no frauds and no fake drugs reports connected to them, and that's good and very important.

Webutation gave them a 90% trust score, which is very good (60% or above is good).

Scamvoid gave them a reputation for: poor trustworthiness and poor vendor reliability, which is not so good.

Scamadviser gave them a low trust rating, which is not so good.

So on balance, Noble Drugs seem OK-ish as regards their reputation and reliability: they are not great, but not bad either.