• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Compression Stockings

jimmy86

Hi,

lately POTS has become my worst symptom and I want to get compression stockings or socks to tackle it. I bought some cotton knee socks with compression effect, which I like, but I have read that they won't do any good.

Instead I have read, that knee high stockings can cause fluid retention or blood pooling just above the top of the stocking at the knee. So they just move the problem somewhere else.

I consider buying thigh high stockings, but before I would like to ask you for your experience.

Do you prefer knee-high socks/stockings or thigh high or even waist high??

Jimmy :)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Hi,

lately POTS has become my worst symptom and I want to get compression stockings or socks to tackle it. I bought some cotton knee socks with compression effect, which I like, but I have read that they won't do any good.

Instead I have read, that knee high stockings can cause fluid retention or blood pooling just above the top of the stocking at the knee. So they just move the problem somewhere else.

I consider buying thigh high stockings, but before I would like to ask you for your experience.

Do you prefer knee-high socks/stockings or thigh high or even waist high??

Jimmy :)

Hi Jimmy - we've had some huge long threads on this! The info you want is probably already in there.

If you use the search function for the site, you should find the threads.

Good luck!

ahimsa

ahimsa_pdx on twitter
@jimmy86, Hi! Brain fog strikes again!

I meant to "tag" you in that last post (put an @ sign in front of you name) so that you'd get an alert. But I forgot. I have been told that edits don't cause alerts. So I'm creating this new post with a tag. :)