So about a year ago i got extremely sick. Doctors said it was some manner of viral / bacterial infection, they werent sure and i gaurantee you they just winged the prescription recommendations looking back. They had me on an anti biotic for awhile, and put me on prednisone for about a month. As time progressed after that i found myself getting sick, flu like symptoms with swollen glands / tonsils almost on a weekly basis. Things were BAD. I had no idea what was happening to me and neither did my doctors, but then i started making the connection with feeling bad only after eating. Long story short, i eventually adopted a paleo diet and magically stopped getting sick after only a few weeks. Tonsils stopped getting infected, glands stopped swelling, everything was awesome. Things were great for a few months, i was back in the gym hitting the weights hard, and i started to enjoy my life again. That was until i started reacting to foods, but it was different this time around. Instead of flu symptoms, which generally didnt manifest for a few days, definitely what you would call "Delayed symptoms" my reactions were immediate. I get intense pressure in the salivary glands behind my jaw, making my ears feel like they need to pop. Worst of all is the MIND WRECKING Brain fog that comes with it. I mean i go zero to stupid in SECONDS of ingesting ANYTHING offending at this point. I mean ANYTHING, but i mostly notice that its related to carbs. I cant tolerate any fruits, and the faster they absorb the worse the symptoms are, like grapefruit. The symptoms pass somewhere around an hours time, but once the swelling in my brain goes down im left with this fatigue and malaise like ive never felt in my life. Its like being sick only you have zero visible signs of it, and it lasts for days. So far, i am only able to eat Beef and chicken, but entirely plan and cooked well. And the veggies i CAN eat need to be steamed for a ridiculously long amount of time. The problem is, as i am now, i react even to things i shouldnt, such as bottled water. So im constantly in some state of inflammation / brain fog / fatigue. These arent standard allergy symptoms, no hives, no throat closings or random swelling. This is an INSTANT reaction to basically everything, that happens the second i swallow food. My body has developed almost a hyper immunity to food. Ive had some testing done, blood work is all normal however a dietary stool analysis showed that my digestion is absolute garbage, and that im missing basically entire strains of beneficial bacteria. No candida listed. The test also did not cover parasites of any kind. So im seeing a GI doctor next week to investigate the results, but im not holding my breath. Is this Leaky gut? A bacterial overgrowth? something like SIBO? i have no issues with constipation, or bleeding / diarrhea. I am 25 years old, and prior to this nightmare i was an amateur bodybuilder and was able to eat anything i wanted. Please help EDIT: This thread found here http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/bacterial-overgrowth-in-stomach.11357/ seems to have the closest to the symptoms i experience.