1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Time Change Equals Jet Lag, ME/CFS Style
Jody Smith marvels at how much difference one hour can make to those with ME/CFS, as much of the world has endured The Time Change in recent weeks ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Book: Increased Intestinal Permeability aka Leaky Gut Syndrome

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by nanonug, Jun 25, 2012.

1. nanonug

nanonug Senior Member

Virginia, USA
  2. KathySkes

KathySkes

Hi Nanonug, thanks for posting. Have you tried any of the various diets? SCD, GAPS, Candida, etc.? If so, did they help? Have you seen the site Heal Thyself? It's got a lot of information, but the post that I am thinking I would try to start doing is called "14 steps for Healthy Guts."
  3. nanonug

nanonug Senior Member

Virginia, USA
    I have, yes. I am currently loosely doing a low FODMAP diet. In my opinion, these diets have only a marginal effect on symptoms.

Is that the one that offers a colon cleansing protocol?
  4. KathySkes

KathySkes

I didn't see that on the site, it's a pretty large site with lots of different info though so it might be on there. It does have some information about methylation and Amy Yasko too which I wouldn't have known about until getting on this site. Sorry to hear the diets haven't helped all that much.
  5. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    KathySkes likes this.
  6. nanonug

nanonug Senior Member

Virginia, USA
  7. KathySkes

KathySkes

Here is the information I mentioned earlier called "14 steps for Healthy Guts."

Most cost effective alternatives are whole food nutrients.

Nutrient dense foods
    :

• Green Smoothie every. single. day.2 cups (any frozen fruit plus any dark leafy greens, rotate produce)
    • Homemade Milk Kefir every. single. day. 1 cup (gradually work up) (B vits, enzymes, most probiotics in proper ph)
    • Homemade Bone Broth every. single. day. 1 cup (MANY nutrients needed for detox, plus minerals)
    • Homemade Kombucha every. single. day. 1 cup (start with an ounce, increase by 1 ounce a week.) (displaces and replaces candida albicans in the gut, only if no mercury/amalgam fillings/toxicity issues, nor nursing)
    • Liver one ounce, only three times a week. (B-vits essential for detox)
    • Lentils or Beans, 1 cup per day. (folate, molybdenum)

• Coconut Oil 1 Tbls every. single. day. (medium chain fatty acids, kills candida in the large intestine)
    • fermented CLO, every. single day. (most expensive item) (vit A, D, K, EFAs)
    • Bubbies sauerkraut 1 Tbls. every. single. day. (or other raw, fermented food) (probiotics)
    • Brazil nuts 1 ONLY, every. single. day. (selenium)
    • Celtic Sea Salt a pinch in every glass of water, broth. (microminerals)
    • Lemon juice , fresh squeezed, 1 tsp. in every glass of water or smoothie. (alkalizing to body ph, paradoxically)
    • Raw local honey, 1 Tbls at bedtime. (helps bifidum bacteria to grow in the gut)
    • Egg yolk , 1 per day. (nutrients help to detox)
    • Nettles infusion, 1 or 2 cups per day. (many vitamins and minerals and phytonutrients)
    • Kelp, 1 teaspoon every day.
    • Epsom salt baths, 1 cup in a tub of water 3x/week for 20 minutes.

Total cost about $4 per day.

See more popular forum discussions.