• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best B12?

Crux

Well, yeah, I'm still kind of 'stuck' with ET.

Don't like the fructose, small dose tablets, etc.

I've been wondering for some time if the amount of mannitol in these B12 supps. has anything to do with its efficacy.

Mannitol has been used to help drugs cross the BBB.

Most of the other subs. have it too, but, how much ?

I've been able to reduce the dosage, but with all the oral problems I've been having, now I don't keep it in the mouth so long, and I rinse afterwards.

helen1

B12oils.com has had good results too (myself, DH, PeterPositive? and a few others). It's a transdermal oil.

ahmo (and I and maybe others) makes her own B12 oils with good results. I've been mixing Bluebonnet liquid mB12 5000 mcg with a baby oil that has sunflower oil in it. It's a lot cheaper than the B12oils.com. I think ahmo was using Bluebonnet too.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
There is a thread about this exact thing from a week or 2 ago. Just do a quick search. Actually there are a lot of threads

Last edited:

ahmo

I was using Country Life 5000mcg w/ good results. Others have complained that they dissolve too quickly, my mouth might be drier. After good results w/ the excellent B12oils, I switched to DIY transdermal, using Bluebonnet drops. Now I'm happily moving on to using the Country Life crushed into a bit of lotion, applying transdermally. Even cheaper than the Bluebonnet drops, and less messy, just crushed tablet melted into a blob of lotion. (Also applyong FMN form of B2 transdermally; no more sublinguals.)

Aerose91

Country life dissolved too quickly for me so i switched to solgar 5 mg tablets. They dissolve much slower and are the best 5mg tabs ive found. I still have a few ET 1mg tabs laying around for if i need a smaller dose.

garyfritz

CL 5mg dissolves much too quickly if you suck on them or even use them sublingually. BUT they last just fine if you place them between lip and gum. I occasionally wake in the night with agitation, and I need a bit of B12 to relax my muscles and get back to sleep. I break the CL tablets into 4 pieces (easy to do since they're so soft), and place one quarter on my gum. It lasts a long time there, and in fact the next morning I'll still have a pasty residue inside my lip. I'm certain I get full value out of the tablet that way. Especially since I get four doses out of each tablet.

I really prefer the CL 5mg tablets because they have no sugars, no acids, and no folic acid.