• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. W

ME/CFS Symptoms...New To CFS

Hmm never heard of mast cell problems. Thanks nanonug!
  2. W

Thanks caledonia and Timaca. Excellent info caledonia. I went to my POTS doctor today and he switched my beta-blocker to Metoprolol Succinate from Propranolol ER. I am hoping I'll be able to sleep better on the Metoprolol. Also, hope the Metoprolol works better for my POTS symptoms than the...
  3. W

Tilt Table Test - which degree angle?

Thanks Sushi. That gives me better insight for reasons for a TTT after a Dx of POTS.
  4. W

Tilt Table Test - which degree angle?

I've had my POTS Dx'd based on Holter Monitor test and being admitted to the hospital for heart issues (OI issues) and them doing manual "poor man's" orthostatic tests on me by having me lie down, the sitting me up, then having me stand and measuring BP and HR while doing all that. I'm on 3...
  5. W

Yep. :) I've also tried Valerian Root. Valerian seems to work some. It does have a sedating effect to it. Here's the melatonin I take: http://www.drugstore.com/natrol-melatonin-timed-release-3mg-tablets/qxp30997 I started with one tablet, but have been taking 2 tablets hoping to get extra...
  6. W

Thanks for the doctor suggestion. I will have to check Dr. Lerner out if the doctor by me isn't good. I'll give Dr. Hamilton a chance first. caledonia, I have been taking between 3-6 mg of Melatonin and B-Complex. My typical night is 4-6 hours of sleep. Maybe I should up the Melatonin to 9-10 mg...
  7. W

I guess I could up my Vit. D3 dose to 10,000 IU/day to see if that helps any. As for where I live, I'm in Cincinnati, Ohio USA. I currently have an appt for the first week of December at Infectious Disease Consultants of Cincinnati with Dr. Hamilton. http://www.idccmed.com/ Don't know if...
  8. W

Thank you everyone for the feedback. I appreciate it. As for Lyme Disease, I've not been tested for that. I should ask my PCP about it when I go for my check up in October. Excellent info. I'm going to have to read on Lyme Disease because I'm not too familiar with it. ;) BTW, I do get PEM too.
  9. W

Do your children have ME/CFS?

Interesting poll and thread. Perhaps there is a genetic link as well. Interesting!
  10. W

What Types of Fatigue Do I Experience Poll

I voted for all the options. I get that "wired, but fatigued" feeling where I feel like I have excessive adrenaline, but so much fatigue. Ugh...
  11. W

Hi everyone -- I am new to ME/CFS. So, my symptoms began the first week of April 2012, going on to 6 months ago. First off, I suffer from severe anxiety and depression and was hospitalized for a nervous breakdown in March 2012. Right after I get out of the hospital, I start experiencing fatigue...