• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

Vitamin C worsening symptoms (sodium ascorbate)

Thank you- this is really interesting. I suspect there is something off about my calcium levels because I've had elevated bone and intestinal specific alkaline phosphatase for 10 years. The doctors were never able to determine a cause. I do take magnesium already- 400 mg a day. Maybe I need...
  2. N

Thank you for your response. I'm going to stop taking it and see if I have any improvement. I wonder if it's actually thinning my blood and lowering my blood pressure too much. Although, I believe I was 110/something at the doctor's the other day, which isn't too low. I've been at 90 for the...
  3. N

Hello, Does anyone experience worsening fatigue and other symptoms from vitamin c supplementation? I started taking around 1500 mg in May, and I've been having really bad fatigue all summer. I've continued to take it because I find it hard to believe it's the vitamin c. I have low-normal blood...
  4. N

Opinions on the safety of chromium supplementation (specifically nicotonate glycinate chelate)

So there have been studies done suggesting that supplementation of chromium picolinate can cause cell mutagency(sp?). However, the studies seem rather inconclusive. There are also no studies that show chromium nicotonate could potentially be toxic, but there are no studies that prove it is safe...
  5. N

Is supplemental molybdenum considered safe?

I'm taking a mineral supplement that contains 100 mcg of molybdenum. I'm taking the supplement for the iodine and selenium (thyroid issues) as well as for the molybdenum and manganese which is supposed to help sulfur metabolism (CBS defunct). The RDA for molybdenum is 45 mcg....but the...
  6. N

Need help with putting together methylation mutations../ could someone knowlegdable please help?

My lab work is normal except for: unexplained elevated bone-specific alkaline phosphatase and intestinal alk phos low thyroid elevated folate/b12 low iron high cortisol symptoms: fatigue anxiety OCD depression varicose veins Please help me if you can!
  7. N

Need help with putting together methylation mutations../ could someone knowlegdable please help?

homozygous: MAO-A TT ++ VDR-Taq AA ++ MTHFR C677T ++ heterozygous: COMT V158M AG COMT H62H CT MTRR A66G AG MTRR K350A +- BHMT-08 CT CBS C699T CBS A360A This is all very mind-boggling for me. It caused my so much stress when I first received the results I had to step away from it for a few...