• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. K

Quit methylation - started mitochondrial stack - still need as much potassium?

@mtayl2 Aha, I see! Thought about taking Niacin actually for this purpose but never got around to do it. But maybe I´ll just wait it out then, the potassium need might still indicate that something good is being done. It just felt odd that I still had the same need one month after quitting. It...
  2. K

Will give it a try. I do epsom salt baths from time to time and apart from some nausea afterwards, I truly feel better both in my mind and my muscles. The Shilajit works synergistic with CoQ10 to boost overall energy production and keep more CoQ10 inside the cells. There was a study where the...
  3. K

I stopped methylation 1 month ago to start focusing on mitochondrial health instead to see whether my symptoms would respond better. It's been working pretty good so far! but I found that I still need lots of potassium supplements. My stack consists of: PQQ 20 mg CoQ10 200 mg Shilajit 250 mg...
  4. K

B2 I love you!

I began taking some B2 as R5P (Thorne) yesterday by a small dose. I have a lot of the symptoms that is part of riboflavin deficiency (particulary pale skin, red eyes, sore throat and anemia-like symptoms). This got worse after attemps on methylation protocol with high B12 and methylfolate...
  5. K

MTHFS and SHMT - need some help making sense of my results

Hi, I have attempted methylation before, but looking back once again since I seem to be getting a lot of folate defiency symptoms, this happens with other supplements/compounds that I'm currently trialing. I dont seem to be improving much either from all of my problems which is getting...
  6. K

Probiotics - die off vs whats not agreeing with your body

Thanks, might up the Inulin dosage a bit then. I have Ornithine at home which might help if its ammonia. So Turmeric would be good to continue then? Looking from my gene results, Nutrahacker says I should avoid Curcumin as I have a homozygous part of CYP1A2 (Gene Function: Hydroxylation or...
  7. K

Ok, so I'm 9 days in to Culturelle 10 billion a day including 1 tbsp of Apple fiber and 500-1500 mg of Inulin. Seems most of the worst side-effects are somewhat lifting including depressive/emotional feelings. However, I believe this is due to other supplements I take to combat this (e.g...
  8. K

Thanks @Martial, I might have a look into VSL#3 on my next purchase, heard some good things about that one too. Although, I'm a bit into doing just a one strain as @snowathlete mentions to determine the effect by itself, I agree that its easier to judge what's working and what's not where in the...
  9. K

I've been trying to incorporate Probiotics several times without any real success. As with everything, I know this is very individual. Something that doesn't work for you might work for someone else etc. But how can one distinguish whats really "die-off" which I personally feel being thrown out...
  10. K

Probiotics Can Cause Depression (?) Possible Pathogen, Candida, Th1/Th2 Immune Response

Interesting thread. This happens for me too right now and also for the other 3 brands of probiotics I've tried in the past, gradually they tend to bring symptoms of typical depression i.e. lack of interest/energy and motivation, feelings of sadness/boredom. I'm currently on Align probiotic for...
  11. K

The Resistant Starch Challenge: Is It The Key We've Been Looking For?

I'm wondering when I should start RS as I recently finished a Humaworm cleanse which targets parasites and candida. Prior to that I also took some anti-fungals/natural antibiotics occasionally for some months so I would believe that my good bacteria is pretty wiped out by now. I'm sort of doing...
  12. K

Continous side effect: Cold hands and feet/freezing

Thank you @Leopardtail for your helpful words. Well the only thing that caught my attention was T3, my lab range was 3,5-6 but guess its nothing to worry about really then. The T4 range was 11-22.
  13. K

I got my Thyroid results now. Doesn't seem like I'm hypothyroid after all, but wondering if my results are a bit high instead. They seem to be in the upper reference, not sure if this is worth looking into, anyone experienced? Doctor said it was all normal. It showed the following: TSH: 1,2...
  14. K

Thanks @Leopardtail, hopefully my doctor will agree with taking the tests. @Gondwanaland, I also had high uric acid so maybe thats one part of the puzzle as you say? For the magnesium,thats a very high dose. I generally take 150-300/day. Also my magnesium tests came out in the middle of...
  15. K

mlU/L Btw, I didnt have the cold symptoms back in 2013-10..
  16. K

Ok so I asked for the thyroid tests and recieved two TSH tests taken at two times: 2012-09-18: TSH 0,77 2013-10-31: TSH 0,84 Reading from stopthethyroidmadness, supposedly TSH is useless? I have no idea if those values really mean anything for my situation, anyone? Else I'll go with the advice...
  17. K

Anyone here with homozygeous GAD1 genes?

I too wonder about the GAD1 gene. I'm actually heterozygous for 9 out of 11 SNPs listed from MTHFRSupport.com. Wonder if this could explain some of the anxiety which been arising more and more the last 6 years. I do wonderful on Gaba-agonists (who doesn't?) but thats not a long-term solution as...
  18. K

Thank you for the advice! Well, puffy face is actually a symptom that I have and something that I really noticed reducing when trying methylfolate for the first time. Like hey wth my face maybe isn't normally like this "puffy and big". Googling a bit I read about water retention and facial...
  19. K

My bowels have last years always leaned towards the loose side. Alternating between different degrees of diarrhea. For the ATP, i'm doing methylation which includes Adb12 (4 mg) and L-carnitine fumarate (500 mg). @pela, thanks for the info! I'll check out that page. Might wanna go with as many...
  20. K

Thanks for the concern. I've checked up on the symptoms and it seems A LOT is matching up. For instance, my hair has (the last 4 years) become very dry and coarse, dont have a clue why even though trying high quality products. My skin is very dry and red/irritated/flaking. No products seems to...
  21. K

I have taken Magnesium with the Zinc as well. Blood test came back in the middle too so I doubt it would be the issue.
  22. K

I wonder if the cold hands/feet and breathing problems has something to do with metal chelation/copper deficiency or maybe toxicity released due to methylation. Maybe a bit farfetched but the side-effects hasn't really reduced so still trying to figure this out. I've taken some Zinc the past...
  23. K

L-Carnitine Fumarate

Thanks for the kind advice @whodathunkit :) You are very right about the difficulty "staying in the course" indeed. I'm very much like that to be honest. I just wanna find the optimal way of everything but thats impossible when talking about human biology. Yes, the reason I considered ALCAR was...
  24. K

L-Carnitine Fumarate

The LCF has going great in terms of side-effects, no real anxiety after the second/third day, guess the initial dose just set me off. I did titrate from ~150-200 mg. However, I dont feel very much difference in my muscles/energy from a steady dose of 500 mg. Tried 1000 mg and that went fine, but...
  25. K

Thanks for the advice @Critterina. I have no idea if I really have histamine issues other than symptoms. Asked for a histamine test but the doc did a garbage allergy test that doesn´t show anything. He didn't even know blood histamine tests existed, i havn't had any luck finding competent...
  26. K

That makes sense. I have reoccuring side-effects with my breathing as well which actually gotten worse last days now, exactly the same problem I had last time doing methylation. I had to quit because of it. The breathing problems mainly triggers when I eat something, immediately, or half past...
  27. K

@2manyhobbies, my Zinc serum last time I checked was 14,1 umol/L which isnt very low I guess? I'm not sure what optimal would be though since I cannot find anything about that on the internet. But the thing about absorption issues sounds interesting since I've had gut problems for a long time...
  28. K

Thanks for all the recommendations/tips! such a great forum. If things persist and maybe get worse, I might look talk to a doctor about it. I've done thyroid test in the past and everything came out normal, there was something that was "slightly elevated" they said. Did never get the papers...
  29. K

I restarted Freddds methylation plan once again after doing some work on my gut. Things seems to go better this time and I'm willing to push through (eventual) side effects in order to get healing going. Also taking more potassium as well as other co-factors which I believe could be my problem...
  30. K

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi guys! Figured I post here instead of making a new thread. I currently restarted Freddds methylation plan and while I'm overall doing pretty good, i'm expericing one type of side effects which gotting worse over the last days. I remember having this on my last attempt as well. I guess its...