• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Researched Nutritionals - ATP Fuel or NT Factor Energy

Anyone know how/where to order either of these w/out a doc. referral? I called the co. and they said it can be done thru another doctor's website if I can find one, but wouldn't say which one. :rolleyes:
(What's the point of making this hard to get?) Anyone have any thoughts on either supplement? My doc. wants me to try it but I have to wait 2 mos. to see him and I am seriously crashed - desperate. Thank you. :balanced:

*GG*

Do you have a support group nearby? Perhaps there is a medical professional who runs and/or attends the meetings, and you could get them to order it for you, perhaps even at a discount?

that's what happened for me, much easier to afford a supplement that my Dr wants me to take.

GG

This is the supplement: http://www.rockwellnutrition.com/CraveArrest-caps-by-Designs-For-Health-DFH_p_872.html

I take 6 of these each day, so a bottle only lasts 20 days! I bought a lot at once, so as not to be to much of a bother.

Thanks GG. I have seen the CraveArrest. It must be helping for you to take so much? Does it help with energy/mood as well? I'm supposed to have neurotransmitter testing - it looks like it contains a lot of the supplements used to treat abnormal levels.

*GG*

I think so, my Dr checks my "transmitters" periodically. Not sure if it helped the energy, although that has improved in the last 2 years or so and my mood has always been pretty stable, except when i had a flare up with massive pain, fell into a little depression.

GG

I think so, my Dr checks my "transmitters" periodically. Not sure if it helped the energy, although that has improved in the last 2 years or so and my mood has always been pretty stable, except when i had a flare up with massive pain, fell into a little depression.

GG

Thx GG. do you know what helped your energy improve? Sorry you have the pain - I don't have - but the energy/brain fog is my biggest problem.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Thanks August 59! I don't know how you found these but I appreciate it. I must've spent an hr. looking before giving up. ;)

You may try searching on Amazon.com. Quite often there are supplements on there that are suppose to be "practioner only", but if that practioner goes out of business, changes to another line of products or they may be getting close to expiration date and they will end up on Amazon. Could check Ebay, but I would be a little leary of Ebay unless it is a larger seller.

GhostGum

Funny, I just sat down here with my hot chocolate filled with d-ribose and creatine then this is the first post I opened up. d-ribose and creatine both help with ATP, a link on stacking them both,

http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/supplements-reviews/d-ribose-creatine-stack.htm

Myhill on d-ribose,

http://drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/D-ribose

Would highly recommend trying them, especially the creatine which has great potential in other areas, recovery and cognitive function. Just need to watch your intake of creatine, for each gram you use of creatine you need about a litre of water, can cause bad dehydration.

barbc56

(What's the point of making this hard to get?)

It can be dangerous to self medicate and self diagnose, without a doctor seeing you. These companies are breaking the law or skirting around the law, if they give you medications that need to have a script.

Seretonin levels either in the blood, urine, or saliva do not correlate or levels found in the brain. In fact it isn't necessary to have these tests except in rare exceptions as the seretonin levels are not what are important. It is the reuptake of seretonin and not the levels that are related. to a prson's health

For example if you were taking the supplement above and taking certain pain relievers or antidepressants, you can get seretonin sickness which can be lethal.

Just food for thought.

Take care.
Barb C.:>)

It can be dangerous to self medicate and self diagnose, without a doctor seeing you. These companies are breaking the law or skirting around the law, if they give you medications that need to have a script.

Seretonin levels either in the blood, urine, or saliva do not correlate or levels found in the brain. In fact it isn't necessary to have these tests except in rare exceptions as the seretonin levels are not what are important. It is the reuptake of seretonin and not the levels that are related. to a prson's health

For example if you were taking the supplement above and taking certain pain relievers or antidepressants, you can get seretonin sickness which can be lethal.

Just food for thought.

Take care.

Really? I'm supposed to have some expensive/not-covered-by-insurance neurotransmitter testing. I believe it's a saliva test. Is there an accurate way to measure these?

barbc56

I hate to tell you this but they have to go into your brain. Ekkkkkkkkk! Still that doesn't show how you are reuptaking the seretonin. Now I am curious if this can actually be done. I am looking for some more information.I am suspicious when insurance isn't accepted for a procedure.

I am just posing for informational purposes as I think it's important to see all side of an issue. People can take from this what they want.

Both my pain medication and AD work on seretonin and when my doctor first saw I was taking both he was concrned about seretonin sickness which can be fatal. However, with the amount I am taking it's not a problem. Also HTP-5(??) can also cause problems.

Supplements are not regulated in the US and that's another problem. Canada has a nice system where you can still buy supplemtns but they are regulated to make sure what is written on the bottle is indeed what you are getting and there are not any dangerous fillers, etc.

Though places like the Vitamin store, drug stores have better quality supplements. The ones that can be dangerous are mostly on the internet but not always.

I take vitmin D, B12 as I am deficient in both these. I also get a script for these.

If you don't mind sharing may I ask how expensive the test is?

Good luck.

Funny, I just sat down here with my hot chocolate filled with d-ribose and creatine then this is the first post I opened up. d-ribose and creatine both help with ATP, a link on stacking them both,

http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/supplements-reviews/d-ribose-creatine-stack.htm

Myhill on d-ribose,

http://drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/D-ribose

Would highly recommend trying them, especially the creatine which has great potential in other areas, recovery and cognitive function. Just need to watch your intake of creatine, for each gram you use of creatine you need about a litre of water, can cause bad dehydration.

Thanks GhostGum, The article on stacking talks about needing 4 days for the body to rebuild the ATP on it's own. That sounds like the Post Exertional Malaise part, yes? A big problem for me. I'll try it. Is this making a noticeable difference for you?

jeffrez

There doesn't seem to be anything in ATP Fuel or NT Factor Energy that would require a prescription.

I've been taking NT Factor 1200mg/day for almost 3 months. Can't say if it's helped energy or not until I go off it next week and see what happens. There might have been some slight energy increase. My stomach issues are definitely better, so maybe most of it went to repairing the gut, which itself would be a big help.

I hate to tell you this but they have to go into your brain. Ekkkkkkkkk! Still that doesn't show how you are reuptaking the seretonin. Now I am curious if this can actually be done. I am looking for some more information.I am suspicious when insurance isn't accepted for a procedure.

I am just posing for informational purposes as I think it's important to see all side of an issue. People can take from this what they want.

Both my pain medication and AD work on seretonin and when my doctor first saw I was taking both he was concrned about seretonin sickness which can be fatal. However, with the amount I am taking it's not a problem. Also HTP-5(??) can also cause problems.

Supplements are not regulated in the US and that's another problem. Canada has a nice system where you can still buy supplemtns but they are regulated to make sure what is written on the bottle is indeed what you are getting and there are not any dangerous fillers, etc.

Though places like the Vitamin store, drug stores have better quality supplements. The ones that can be dangerous are mostly on the internet but not always.

I take vitmin D, B12 as I am deficient in both these. I also get a script for these.

If you don't mind sharing may I ask how expensive the test is?

Good luck.

Oy. So I wonder why they do these tests if they're useless? I'm not taking anything for depression or pain so am o.k. on the seratonin sickness thing but the test is so expensive that the co. won't even tell me how much on the phone. I have to actually go to my doc. and pick up the kits and HE is allowed to tell me. Which is a pain because I'm not going to have them if they're too much, my doc. is in another state and I can't get in to see him for a month.

Didn't know you could get a script for D. I'll check into it. Thanks Barb.

barbc56

Oy. So I wonder why they do these tests if they're useless? I'm not taking anything for depression or pain so am o.k. on the seratonin sickness thing but the test is so expensive that the co. won't even tell me how much on the phone. I have to actually go to my doc. and pick up the kits and HE is allowed to tell me. Which is a pain because I'm not going to have them if they're too much, my doc. is in another state and I can't get in to see him for a month.

Didn't know you could get a script for D. I'll check into it. Thanks Barb.

Make sure it's D4.

GhostGum

Thanks GhostGum, The article on stacking talks about needing 4 days for the body to rebuild the ATP on it's own. That sounds like the Post Exertional Malaise part, yes? A big problem for me. I'll try it. Is this making a noticeable difference for you?

Hi Stef, I really would go for it, both these supplements are inexpensive and have a good chance of being effective, especially the creatine. Heaps mentions here in his recent stack,

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...-mitochondrial-methylation-antoxidants.17687/

Ally mentions here it helping her,

http://forum.notcrazy.net/index.php?topic=9208.0

Just make sure you get creatine monohydrate which is the only one you need, it can come in other forums but it is mostly just hype and advertising, mono is as good as any. Can get like a years supply on ebay for $30, just dissolve a teaspoon in hot water along with the d-ribose, chill or turn into a hot drink and then spend the rest of the day drinking too water.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Anyone know how/where to order either of these w/out a doc. referral? I called the co. and they said it can be done thru another doctor's website if I can find one, but wouldn't say which one. :rolleyes:
(What's the point of making this hard to get?) Anyone have any thoughts on either supplement? My doc. wants me to try it but I have to wait 2 mos. to see him and I am seriously crashed - desperate. Thank you. :balanced:

There is absolutely nothing in either of these products that you can't go down to Vitamin Shoppe and buy. You want find them all together in one formula, but they are there to be purchased.

My intergrative doctor has a brand of supplements and formulas that are only sold through doctors, but they are not prescription required for purchase supplements. A company has just decided to create a supplement and/or formula line of products to be marketed through physicians. It is just a marketing concept to complemnt a doctors practice. One of the advantages of using them through the physician is in an example of an experience of mine. I was going to do a "heavy metal detox" for nickel and lead. It required DMSA 500mg (Qty. 2), Potassium (not sure of what type or strength now) and 6 glycine pills to be taken 1 day per week for 10 weeks. He sold me the 20 DMSA tablets cheaper than I could find them anywhere else because of quanity. The 20 potassium tablets were only $5 through him and he did sell me a whole bottle of glycine pills for $12 (I think), which I could have gotten for a couple dollars cheaper, but my time and gas was worth more than that. This is just a good example of considering getting them through doctor due to being able to dispense specific amount.

Stefny - I know that you are looking at buying a whole bottle of these particular products. Since these are complex formulas I agree with Barb C. that you should get the doctors blessing before buying these and taking them. If his price is double what you can buy the exact same product somewhere else, I only think it is prudent on your part if you on limited income to do what is best for your family. On the other hand, don't save $25 and say to heck with the doctor and possibly make yourself much sicker.

It comes down to this - Make Smart Choices!!!

Good Luck and keep us updated please. Don't take anything I wrote as medical advice as I was only explaining one of my experiences and going over some different options for you to think about in making your own informed decision.

Jerry

Marg

I am always upset when that happens. A lot of docs do not want to be bothered with it all and once they register with a company they are in and all that goes with it.. There is usually a way around it though Amazon for example.

Thx Jerry, I guess I should have explained better. My doc has been telling me to take it. But he is in another state and we mostly do phone consults. when I'm feeling too bad to drive out there, like now. I had the phone consult and he said to get some (again) then I found out when I tried to order it thru the co. that he needs to call them and approve their letting me buy it thru them and he needs to set up an account so he said it would be easier for him if I just got it when I actually go in to see him in a month. I guess he has it in the office. He's too busy to make the call. I just want to start the stuff since I'm crashed out and he thinks so much that it will help. He's big on the proprietary blend being the best idea though I'm not sure I'm onboard w/that either. Not trying to do something AMA., just having trouble getting the stuff he's been telling me to try. I haven't read anyone saying it cured him on here though ;) so, maybe I'll just wait anyway. It's pretty costly. Thanks for the advice. :)