New blog entries

Being moderately-severely ill with ME/CFS, I can leave the house once or twice a week, and see a friend once every couple of weeks, without worsening my symptoms long term. I have worsened symptoms in the short term. There are weeks when it takes a couple of days to recover from an outing to...
lior
Views
Comments
Hello Everyone, Just an update. I purchased the valganciclovir through my insurance’s mail delivery service and am waiting for the meds to arrive. Hoping they’ll be here tomorrow, so I can start everything on Sunday. The FolaPro and B-12 are here and ready to go. Super excited and hoping to...
ArgyrosfeniX
Views
Hi Everyone, Just a short update to mention that I received the prescription I was hoping for and went through the least expensive route to obtain the meds - insurance’s mail delivery. Probably take a day or two for things to arrive in the mail, so I’ll update more when it arrives and I’m...
ArgyrosfeniX
Views
Comments
Hi Everyone, My appointment for Monday is weighing heavily on my mind these past few days. This doctor is new to me and while my first appointment went well, relatively speaking, I'm not sure what the results of asking for such a script will be. Valcyte's not exactly an everyday type of drug...
ArgyrosfeniX
Views
Comments
I usually avoid getting too involved with readers — for a simple reason: this blog and the microbiome analysis site is already a time consuming evening and weekend gig (full time IT day job). I am not a physician or medically trained, so “patient history” is an inappropriate term to use. This...
Lassesen
Views
Comments
1. Go to a gig (end Feb 2019). I think the last time I went to a gig was July 2017. It was a huge gig in a stadium - not talking about a small pub gig. Though I can't remember having been at a small pub gig since 2017 either :) 2. Walk at a normal speed. This is thanks to my rollator. It was...
lior
Views
Comments
I'll begin this entry by confessing my concern about whether or not I am making this blog correctly. I hope I'm writing in the proper place and not Lord knows where on the forum. Frankly, I feel too ill to have any real idea of what I'm doing. Half a dozen typos already, it's a wonder how I...
PoorlyPixi
Views
Comments
Another interesting article popped out of the AI selected articles: Vitamin D deficiency changes the intestinal microbiome reducing B vitamin production in the gut. The resulting lack of pantothenic acid adversely affects the immune system, producing a “pro-inflammatory” state associated with...
Lassesen
Views
Comments
Hi Everyone, In several of my earlier blog posts, I may have mentioned that I became sick in 1989. Turns out, I was a smoldering case prior to that and the "1989" was when I hit puberty and became moderate for the first time. Research of my medical history and speaking with some of the...
ArgyrosfeniX
Views
Comments
Five Years in a Slow Decline
It's been almost exactly 5 years since I last posted about my experiences with taking Valcyte for my ME/CFS. During that time, I've done well, for the most part, and learned a bunch about the necessity of pacing to prevent additional decline. Despite my best efforts, I'm heading back down the...
ArgyrosfeniX
Views
Comments
1. I went into a shop I've been to many times before - and took my rollator for the first time. I spoke to a shop assistant about a product. Once we'd finished talking and I paused to manoeuvre the rollator, he asked if I knew where the till was. Of all the times I've been in this shop, I've...
lior
Views
My eye caught a news story today Common food additive may impact gut bacteria, increase anxiety. Earlier studies have shown that emulsifiers can alter the microbiome of mice, causing low-grade inflammation and increasing the risk of obesity and metabolic disorders. A study in humans concluded...
Lassesen
Views
Comments
I often have attended the yearly talks of futurist/predictionist Mark Anderson. This year there was talk about Mark’s new company, Pattern Computer.On that site I saw this interesting item Insights in Inflammatory Bowel Disease Using the Pattern Discovery Engine™ coupled with a hypothesis-free...
One of my favorite sources for information on the microbiome is run by Dr. Peter J. D’Adamo. For many years he has advocated eating for your blood type. In this week’s issue of New Scientist. an article “Your gut bacteria may match your blood group – but we don’t know why“ The difference between...
A reader forwarded me a link to: “Ozone therapy is an effective therapy in chronic fatigue syndrome:result of an Italian study in 65 patient” My initial take was that I was not surprised — why? Ozone kills some bacteria… but we need to dig deeper. Note: both Ozone and Hydrogen peroxide have one...
Lassesen
Views
Comments
Epigenetics is turning DNA on and off. Another description is gene expression. A 2017 article ties this to CFS and there is a lot of other literature connecting epigenetic changes to other conditions and illnesses. This article not only tied it to CFS but with methylation issues seen with...
THE OLD ELEPHANT LEARNS NEW TRICKS: MINDFULNESS 4 HEALTH PT.4
The next part of my update on the Breathworks Mindfulness For Health Course. Halfway through and having something of a melt down. https://thechronicelephant.blogspot.com/2019/02/the-old-elephant-learns-new-tricks.html