• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

YAY! amenorrhea cured! (only for the girls)

leaves

Ok a bit awkward to share but here it goes...
I have had very low hormones since for ever, and have long term amenorrhea ( not menstruated) since I was about 17. But... today it happened! amenorrhea no more! I am so happy :))

I have been taking sam-e (800 mg daily) for quite some time and I felt it was restoring my hormones. In addition I have been taking nitazoxanide for its antiviral effects.
:victory:

leaves

Oh I talked to loads of em. Very unhelpful. They couldnt find what was wrong so suggested... it was because I was depressed or stressed or whatever. I did not try hormone therapy although they did try to induce my cycle with progesteron (failed) and birth control. But I chose to stop the bc many years ago because I did not like the idea of taking hormones, and because there were no benefits for taking it health wise (latest studies show it doesnt help bone density)

George

waitin' fer rabbits
Way cool, thanks for clearing that up for me. And congratulations!!!!! (big grins)

We all need tee shirts that say "Support Doctors are Dunces" a program designed to get doctors the help they need to open up their minds and hearts. (grins)

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Really pleased for you leaves - fantastic that your hormones are more balanced - must make you feel so much better, do you think its the sam-e thats done it?

leaves

Yes it was the sam-e. I took it for several months, 6 or so, and felt my hormones restore slowly. Now my amenorrhea is cured. I still can not believe it.

taniaaust1

Congrats. :)

I kind of understand how amazing it feels. About 5 mths ago.. had a period for the very first time which was of 28 days menstrational cycle... after having completely screwed up cycle all my life cause my body struggles to ovulate (PCOS). To my amazement.. I ended up getting two months of normal cycle.. then thou Ive gone back to my quite normal for me, highly abnormal one.

In my case thou I still dont know why I suddenly went normal for the first time in my life (at 41 years old).

It must of felt even more amazing for you seeing you were entirely missing.