• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

XMRV - testing urine

Rafael

XMRV+ Member
I looked at the Website first and only then checked to see if it had already been found and discussed here (of course it had).
My impression WAS that they ONLY market to and supply labs and researchers. They have lots of photos of their booths at Lab equipment fairs, etc.)
So the answer to the e-mail was what I would have expected.
But I still find it interesting that they are marketing a XMRV urine test to the labs and researchers.
They are affiliated to Brock University - and Canadian University research always seems to punch above its weight (but then I read more Canadian propaganda than most of you)
I could always drive there in a couple of hours and snoop around.

jimbob

ME/CFS84-XMRV+
If you're up to making the drive, maybe would'nt be such a bad idea. Just put on a lab coat and walk in. Someone in there will know wether this is a scam or not? Good luck Mr. Bond!

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
Go Rafael go- they say they welcome guests --they advertise the hotel near the lab.

I have emailed David Patrick at the BCCDC about it. He has always responded to my inquiring emails. I think he is back from Toronto today so may take ahile for him to catch up but he has always gotten back to me with questions that I had.

glen

ps oh by the way the lab did not reply to my email -- that was a poster that came in here that answered- I took it to be someone from the lab lurking here - it is a first time poster???? from the lab?? That was me replying to them posting here about whether they would release tests to other labs or bccdc!!!! they did not post back

*GG*

I'm all for a good urine test over a blood test, but neat, new tests don't mean anything because at this point 1) the connection between XMRV and disease has not been made, and 2) doctors won't offer any treatments anyway. It's still "all in your head."

My Dr does not think my issues are all in my head. Yeah, he checks my blood for Serotonin. But he also offers other help.

Rafael

XMRV+ Member
"ps oh by the way the lab did not reply to my email -- that was a poster that came in here that answered"

Ah, yes. That fooled me. Very interesting.

At the bottom of the product description PDF ( find by doing search within website for Urine XMRV TEst) ..... Cat #: 34700 Description: Urine-Based XMRV RT-PCR Detection Kit
QUANTITY: 24 tests !!!!

Clearly they are a lab supplier ... but if you were a lab supplier, would you design, develop and market such a test if you weren't sure of an interested group of buyers ?