• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

XMRV in autism: thoughts

serg1942

Detection of infectious XMRV in the peripheral blood of children

http://www.sfc-em-investigacion.com/viewtopic.php?p=3427#p3427

Hi everybody,

Im sure you have already discussed about this study, but I am unable of checking the whole forum

Just wanted to express my reflection: an 82% of autistic children being XMRV+, is what would be expected if, indeed, XMRV is playing a vital role in the pathogenesis or perpetuation of CFS, because, as Rich Van A. Konynenburg has pointed out in his work on CFS, both conditions are highly similarBoth show a methylation cycle block that perfectly well could be the biochemical core explaining most of the features of each disorder. Also both conditions show similar immune dysfunction profile, mitochondrial failure, etc.

Id like to recall that methylation, very probably is (not sure if this has been published for XMRV yet) the main mechanism of genetic silencing needed to avoid the expression of XMRV (as occurs for VIH and other chronic infections, if not for all of them).

Coincidence? Maybe, as this is not ruling out the possibility of XMRV being just a secondary infection in both conditionsBut, I am glad to see this results, as the opposite wouldnt have matched with XMRV being important in CFS

Saluditos,
S.