• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

WPI - other CFS/ME & Immune Research

pictureofhealth

XMRV - L'Agent du Jour
In addition to XMRV research, the Whittemore Peterson Institute also researches, funds and oversees a number of other ME/CFS related projects, as we know.

Many of the following, looking at immune markers and co infections, will of course overlap with the ongoing investigations into XMRV and eventually flesh out a much fuller picture of the illness - cause(s), complex interactions & perpetuating factors and the disease process as a whole, (ok so that's aetiology & pathogenesis etc!)

http://www.wpinstitute.org/research/research_basic.html

I thought it worthwhile to post this list as a reminder of just how minutely focused, and yet how broad in thinking, the WPI and their colleagues are when it comes to ME/CFS, and it indicates just how intent they are at getting to the roots and building a more complete understanding, not just of XMRV, but of the illness in its entirety.

Wow - it is just fantastic to see the amount of research and ideas the WPI have to try and builld a whole picture to ME/CFS - I feel ike printing the link out and sending to medics here in the UK!