• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

WPI opening: LET'S SEND JUDY M AND ANNETTE FLOWERS!

Daffodil

Rrrr....how about a gift for dr. lombardi? he was an integral part of all this too i think! plus he is really nice

V99

Cort, you have put on the XMRV buzz page that the flowers are from this forum. I don't think they are. They are from people all over the place.

jace

Off the fence
This initiative to send flowers to the WPI on the occasion of their grand opening is on more than one forum, and I'm not sure the PR members are even the majority donators. Rrrr will know, its rrrr's initiative, and NOT Phoenix Risings.

Cort, please remove that incorrect claim from your buzz page. The correct designation will be going with the flowers, they are from all of us with ME/CFS, and not from any particular forum.

Rrrr

hi cort,

i have yet to see the buzz page, but i'll go look.

anyway, it is true that donations have come from no specific one forum. (there are a few donations, too, from my friends who don't hang out on any forum much.) so this flower giving is, as stated, an "ALL PWC" effort, not an effort of any specific forum. i worked hard to make that clear to people who donated, so i hope we can make that clear on the buzz page, too.

thanks for making that correction. i'll go look at the buzz page now.

AND I'M SO HAPPY WE MADE OUR GOAL AND CAN NOW SEND THE FLOWERS!

warmly,
rrrr

Rrrr

Cort,

okay, i saw the buzz page on this and think i see a solution.

instead of writing as the title "A Big Thank You From Phoenix Rising Forum Members to the WPI", could you write:

"A Big Thank You From ALL ME/CFS patients, including Phoenix Rising Forum Members, to the WPI"

Also, you could add that one bouquet of roses is also going to the WPI *staff*, so they feel appreciated, too. this was a purposeful effort, as judy m and annette w tend to get all the attention. :)

xxoo
rrrr

Rrrr

does anyone know how i can email cort? i'm not tech savvy enough to know how to find him and his private message link.

best,
rrrr

UPDATE: I GOT HIS EMAIL, THANKS!

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: cort changed the wording to reflect that this is a gift from ALL pwcs everywhere. and it is true. we got donations from folks all around the globe and from a number of forums/sites and individuals who are not online much at all.

done and done.

the flowers will be ordered sooooooooon!

Attachments

• ROS24assorted50_g&#1.jpg
    ROS24assorted50_g&#1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 15

Rrrr

hi all,

i ordered the flowers today. three biiiig bouquets of 2 dozen long stemmed roses in each bouquet. one for judy, one for annette and one for WPI staff. the delivery is set for this thursday. so they will have friday to arrange them around the rooms and saturday is the opening.

because it was confusing WHERE to have the flowers sent, WPI's front desk person had me talk to WPI vice president, Mike Hillerby, to arrange the flower delivery. (what a treat to get to say hi to him! i told him we loved his radio interview the other week.) he said he will personally retrieve the flowers from the school's mail room if they are not delivered to the new Center for Molecular Medicine, which is where the WPI opening is.

this is what the cards said:

Dr. Mikovits, aka Wonder Woman: We are indebted to you for your dedication to us. As one PWC said, "Thanks for saving our lives!" Yes, you have given us back our lives, our hope. These flowers sent to you are a small token of our H*U*G*E appreciation. They're made possible by small, loving donations from individuals with ME/CFS fr all around the globe. (Card signed as: Fr people with ME/CFS everywhere!)

Annette: You're an amazing advocate, organizer, leader, PR person, mother. As one PWC said, "Thanks for saving our lives!" Yes, you have given us back our lives, our hope. These flowers sent to you are a small token of our H*U*G*E appreciation. The flowers are made possible by small, loving donations from individual people with ME/CFS from all around the globe. (Card signed as: Fr people with ME/CFS everywhere!)

Dear ALL WPI Staff (with a special "shout out" to Mike Hillerby): We are indebted to you for your dedication to us. These flowers sent to the WPI staff are a small token of our H*U*G*E appreciation. The flowers are made possible by small, loving donations from individual people with ME/CFS from all around the globe. (Card signed as: Fr people with ME/CFS everywhere!)

AND there was $30 leftover after these flowers were sent (from all the money raised: $211!!!), so i donated that to the WPI via their website.

done and done!!
Rrrr

leelaplay

fantastic Rrrr! Every detail. Perrrrfect again. Thanks so much.

I don't know how I missed this thread and wasn't part of the giving this time.

I'm so glad there are all these different ways that people are showing their support for WPI, even when we can't be there in person.

Rrrr

FROM DR. MIKOVITS

Dear [Rrrr].
We received them [flowers] and had them proudly and beautifully displayed at the grand opening yesterday! Thank you for them and the many small donations from around the world! As you know we leverage every dollar to get you the value of 10/1
Hugs
Judy

Rrrr

Update: The flowers were successfully sent. It was an *all* pwc effort, not an effort from any particular forum, and that makes it all the more wonderful. The flowers were made possible by small donations from folks all over the globe, from a number of forums.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Update: The flowers were successfully sent. It was an *all* pwc effort, not an effort from any particular forum, and that makes it all the more wonderful. The flowers were made possible by small donations from folks all over the globe, from a number of forums.

That was a nice way to do it, Rrrr, thanks.