• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

WPI: Andrea & Annette's' powerful words

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Thank you Sunshine for posting these videos.

Yes, the tears were flowing down my face... tears of joy, gratefulness and relief! What an amazing story, and what a great lady.

:victory::victory::victory::balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons::victory::victory::victory::balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons::victory::victory::victory:

Recovery Soon

I was just watching the second video, as Annette was discussing her "naive" 2006 goal sheet. Then I gazed up at the TV (the sound was off) and saw the word FIBROMYALGIA written across it. It was a Lyrica commercial. How unrealistic would that have seemed 4 years ago?

The timing was uncanny. It felt like some serious foreshadowing of things to come.

Chris

Sunshine, thanks--a great and moving moment on the record--we can all participate in our own ways. Thanks again--to you, and to all of those working on this ongoin project. Chris

The WPI is lucky to have Annette Whittemore as the CEO. I wonder if she will report on her discussions with the NIH representative, Dr. Shurin.

Judy, Annette, Vince, the lab Team, Andrea & her father, all True Heroes / the legislators, Dr. P, the Scientists, Hillary,Mindy, XRx, The Patient Advocate and his daughter; erik, Cort, Pro Health, the people from UK, the Aussies, Canadians, Lisa P and all who are patients: all True Heroes of mine. Such fighters I have never before seen.

Wow thanks for posting! Great speeches and Andrea's speech made me feel really emotional. It is great to see these concrete signs that we're moving forward.

*GG*

Are those the flowers that Rrrr arranged to have sent when Andrea is speaking, Annette is holding them, very nice!