• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Worried i will spoil Christmas

Jemima37

So nice for you to post such a lovely worded update. I am very happy to hear you have had some bits of improvement! That is wonderful news. It sounds like you have a great family. :hug:
Thank you so much.

I am very lucky, my husband has been my rock and although it's been hard for my children they've stayed strong and weve got through that year crash together. Now to pace myself and hope it doesn't ever hit me that hard again.

X

jesse's mom

It is so nice to hear when one of us feel better! I am feeling somewhat better, too.
I still log in every day, as many of the members here have become important to me. I still learn coping mechanisms. I have gone from very severe and unable to even lift my head on the worst of days to sitting up all day, washing my own hair.

I even drove to a restaurant with my friend and had lunch!

I still live in my bed, but I can tolerate light and some music. I can talk with my family and friends for more than a few minutes.

I think it is important that the sickest among us know that with pacing and getting the balance of food and nutrients correct we can get better.

Mel9

@Jemima37 , @jesse's mom
so good to here the worst is over and that pacing is working.

If you are anything like me you will make mistakes and overdo things but hopefully use ‘aggessive resting’ to recover.

I have just got over a three month bout of Crash myself. I now know to spend most days in my ‘bed office’

which allows me to do one thing per day out of bed (cooking or gardening for an hour, weekly grocery shop with minimal walking)

so to the general public I might look ‘normal’

The good thing about this is I can do some writing with minimal pain now.

Jemima37

Thank you all. I hope you all continue to make improvements and suffer less. Lots of love to you all xoxo