• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Workers Compensation

Question if i may,
Update: i am at the Court of Appeals and am still pro se. i am asking again if anyone has any input on how to formulate a reargument. i have all the documentation, the briefs and supports yet i am not being heard. The determination in the lower courts were based on the diseases being of a mental health nature and not medically based. Please i am desperate, tired, frustrated, depressed and lost! :sad::worried::confused::confused::confused::thumbsup:

Has anyone filed for workers compensation in regard to ME/CFS or FM? i am at the appeals level of the State i live in and am my own legal counsel as the law firm i had in the lower courts did not extend themselves as it would be an effort, would cost them money and didn't want to be involved with a losing case as they put it. i realize there are cases in NC, i believe NJ and CA as well as Canada that have set a precedent yet i am fighting the myth of the diseases being based on a mental health not medical/organic basis. In addition i am fighting against a large not-for-profit agency that has manipulated record, perjured under oath, and attempted to degrade and debase my character and integrity throughout the now 7 year battle.

Any help or suggestions? i have not been functioning well so i am literally cramming to get the data completed and sent by this Wednesday...yikes Thank You :hug: