• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Workaway.info or Woofing

Davsey27

Curious with my CFS being 3-4/10 depending

On the day how i can arrange into easing myself

Into woof organic farming or workaway.info

5hrs a day 5 days a week.

1k in savings

And looking to perhaps spend some time in the

countryside to see it it will help the CFS to where

I can build up to volunteering outside in exchange

for food and lodging.

My parents are moving to an apartments and

I have emf sensitivity which is another reason

That I feel like I need to be in a quieter

environment with 5g coming soon

On a good day i can walk 10-15 mins rest for an

hour or so and cycle in small increments Pacing.

It is unknown if I drive 8 hrs to greenbank WV

And spend time in a quiet zone if that will help

Me to work more outside

Thank you.

Hope4

Desert of SW USA
Hi, @Davsey27 If I've understood some of what you are asking, I will try to help with this:

About Green Bank: Could you live where it is very cold? If you have special foods, medicines, supplements, supplies you have to have, it would be necessary to really check into how involved it would be to obtain those things.

Can you contact some other EMF-sensitive people, and perhaps MCS or ME/CFS people there and ask very thorough questions about how do-able it would be for your situation?

The snippets I have been able to gather about living in Green Bank, for those who are ill, is that is good to be away from the city, but hard to be away from supplies, and hard to be away from the benefits of city life.

The heating costs are high. And the methods of heating can greatly change one's health situation. What if you need electric heating, and your neighbors burn wood? And wood smoke makes you ill?

There is much driving to pick up necessary supplies.

I think moving there alone, especially to live as an organic farmer, would require immense pioneering strength.

With others, as a team, it could be a very good life.

As to farming well enough to earn a living, while having ME/CFS, again, I think it could be very helpful, yea, crucial, to talk with others in the same boat, who are doing what you are thinking of.

Your idea sounds very beautiful. Whether it is a dream that can actually be realized, requires much sound investigation. Not only of those who are endeavoring to live that way, but also interviewing those who have tried and could not make a go of it.

If you can make a visit there to explore possibilities, and weigh all sides, that would really help your decision-making process.

ETA: Here is a link to some info on other quiet zones.
https://www.emf-experts.com/emf-quiet-zones.html

As to how to be able to take on my responsibilities which require more exertion, that is what we are all working on, with such varied methods and results. The views of how to achieve that differ so much. Perhaps start a thread to connect with others who have similar parameters?

I wish you all the best. :)

Last edited:

Wolfcub

Farming, working on the land, is very demanding physically.
I live in a moderately "remote" area. I do have electricity so am not completely off-grid but do not have some other modern conveniences. Laundry has to be done by hand etc.

Some EMFs in my house but very low, and I can control their output (turn off router/compute/ac adaptor etc)
No 5G here at the moment, and no EMF signals outside my house! yay!!

The pace of life is forgiving (for me) and know that city life would shatter me as I am right now.
But to some extent I work on the land also. I have to collect winter firewood and process it, every year from April onwards, to make sure I have enough to last through winter and spring the following year.
My own piece of land needs tending too, though I am not what's called a "gardener", I still have work to do there, just keeping it in order on a basic level.

So while this (mostly) outdoor life has been a blessing for me and to some extent helps me through this illness....in other ways it is strenuous, and I have to be very careful about energy expenditure.

It is quite easy to shut out the signals from the body -in order to continue with work that needs doing. I find myself doing that -and pay for it if I am not careful. The mind can have ideas that the body finds hard to keep up with.

So while organic farming is a super idea, try if you can, maybe to get connected with a good team of others who also share your ideals and vision. If you can work together, all the strain won't be on you alone.
The whole point of teamwork is some have strengths others haven't, and yet the whole "entity" of the team moves forward to achieve goals.

I wish you all the best.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
It is quite easy to shut out the signals from the body -in order to continue with work that needs doing. I find myself doing that -and pay for it if I am not careful. The mind can have ideas that the body finds hard to keep up with.

This is a very true comment. I find myself doing this quite a bit--pushing myself because something needs to get done.