• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Will you help raise the last £1,000 for Projects 1&2 of the UK Gut Microbiota Research?

CFSTheBear

@jstash - next phases as it's a translational biomedical research programme so they will continue until diagnostic tests and treatments have been established and the fundraising has allowed this to begin and continue without delays or uncertainties over funding, which there are in UK because of mainstream funding mechanisms.

The Centre of Excellence work also involves medical education which includes funding medical students to be directly involved in the biomedical research, two of the students are now qualified medical doctors.

Details are in the update: http://www.investinme.org/ce-news-1709-04.shtml

Current funding streams -

View attachment 23832

Ah great. I won on premium bonds this month so I think I'll donate a little more to one of the other projects! This is great to see.

CFSTheBear

@Jo Best would it be worth starting a new thread solely for the student project fund?

I feel like it's a fairly easily achievable total and maybe would achieve a bit of a snowball effect towards establishing the ME centre if 3/3 of its projects were fully funded.

Jo Best

@Jo Best would it be worth starting a new thread solely for the student project fund?

I feel like it's a fairly easily achievable total and maybe would achieve a bit of a snowball effect towards establishing the ME centre if 3/3 of its projects were fully funded.
That's a great idea, would you like to start the thread or would like me to?