• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To register, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Why some people seem to resist severe illness

SOC

I have low CD8+ cells, even after antiviral treatments. In fact, my CD8+ lymphocytes continue to decrease.:( I feel vastly better after antivirals, though, even if they didn't improve my CD8+ cell numbers.

B-12 doesn't appear to have done anything for my CD8+ cell numbers. I've taken B-12 in all its various forms, and at a variety of dosages from small to huge. I haven't been B-12 deficient in the 8 years or so we've been testing for it. Perhaps for those who are deficient, B-12 might improve CD8+ numbers.

My CD8+ deficiency appears to be recalcitrant. I'm guessing that it's either a genetic, rather than environmental, issue or some as yet unknown pathogen :ninja: is chewing up my poor CD8+ T lymphocytes.