Why does my right hand keep turning yellow & black

Aerose91

20200419_170145.jpg
20200419_170424.jpg

this has been happening in varying degrees for months. At first I thought it was candida because of my yellow nails but I take so many antifungals and am so strict on my diet I questioned it. Now I wonder if its liver or gallbladder because its only on my right hand and I have concurrent pain in my right shoulder. I had an ultrasound done on my gallbladder and it came back clear for stones which is good but it doesnt help me with this. Coffee enemas don't help. I can't figure this out, any ideas?

I get that too from time to time, but only on the edges of my nails (both hands). Wonder what it is -- I've been trying to find out more.

The only condition that seems somewhat similar I've come across is melanonychia, but according to Healthline.com it's not quite that:
Melanonychia is when you have brown or black lines on your nails. The decolorization is usually in a stripe that starts at the bottom of your nail bed and continues to the top. It may be in one nail or several.

Aerose91

Sure is odd. It seems so significant, though. I wish I knew what it is so I can adjust accordingly

Aerose91

Thanks for that suggestion. It ran through my mind but the only thing that helps my skin clear up at all is fasting. No idea what that points to

Pearshaped

if its fasting that helps you it could very well be the gallbladder(or an underlying liver problem)
You mentioned Ultrasound but was there a blood test too? was everything ok so far?(Bilirubin,iron,Liver enzymes,etc.)

sunlight apparently helps to clear bilirubin.

You mentioned antifungals.I was wondering if there could be a connecrion..will google it.

Aerose91

I have regular bloodwork done. For years ly bi lo Rubin has come back .1 or .2 high but that's all. I've been told I have Gilbert's disease and not to worry about it.

Aerose91

I'm not sure it is, though. I've had that my whole life but the yellow hand thing is new, within the past few months

Tammy

To me..........your symptoms point to liver. What is your diet like? Low fat gives the liver some relief.........not that you have to go low fat forever but the liver really has a hard time doing it's job when it has to deal with fat in the diet. Have you ever tried liver supporting supplements?

Aerose91

I have tangled with liver and gallbladder supplements occasionally. I suppose I could try them again. My diet is relatively high fat because I cant eat any carbs (candida) . I can try lower fat for a while but I do worry about the energy drop

Tammy

I cant eat any carbs (candida) . I
You can't eat any healthy carbs like fruits and vegetables? The body, especially the liver needs glucose and mineral salts from fruits and vegetables. You can choose low fat meats like fish and turkey. When a person goes lower fat, they will need to be sure to add in more calories. The body doesn't neccesarilly miss the fat........but it misses the calories from the fat. Can you eat potatoes? If you get energy drops.......you may need to eat more often.

Aerose91

No way could I touch potatoes or fruit. Sugar and starch are killer. The most I can eat are non-starchy fibrous vegetables like brussel sprouts and broccolli but even then, just a few

Last edited:

andyguitar

By the sound of it you might just have to live with some slight discoloration.
Giving the supps a try again might be worth a pop though. But it might take a month or more to see any improvement.