• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

who have tried Maf 314?

Hi
I have been taking Maf 314 for 25 days no. I havent felt any improvement yet - but I am still hoping. I have been ill for many years. Please let me know about yours experience with Maf 314? Did you get better - and when?

ukxmrv

Hi Lizzi,

I was a quick repsonder to MAF314. Only had some now and then from another UK patient who makes it and sometimes has some excess.

The first good things I noticed was my sleep was better, gut problems improved, I lost some weight (good for me but maybe not all) and my PEM became a little better and I could do more physically. On the minus side I had painful spots on my face and an IRIS type reaction around day 7.

As I don't respond to many drugs, supplements, probiotics etc I was really pleased. Had no obvious response to MAF878.

Are you making your own or getting it from someone else? How much are you taking?

Hi Ukxmrv,
Thank you for responding :)

What means PEM?

I am making my own, and I am taking 100 ml each day, like it says in my instruction manual. My stomach seams to be more peaceful and maby I sleep a little better, I am not sure. But my energilevel is still very low.

I have had some IRIS too I think, maby I am still in it. Every day I have a headache, which I didnt have before, and I am sweating.

How long did you take it? Maby I am too impatient :)

Anyway I will keep on taking it. I tasts ok.

ukxmrv

Hi Lizzi,

PEM means post exertional malaise. It's the deterioration after activity or exercise. May I ask which colostrum you are using to make your MAF314?

Ah, I see. I have a lot of PEM.
I have been using some colostrum-extrakt liquid, from Germany, I think. But no I am nearly empty and have order some more. Why do you ask?

ukxmrv

Just being nosy (curious) Lizzi. Someone mentioned on another thread about the different colostrums being used to make the MAF314. They suggested that it may make a difference to the finished product.

Really sorry I don't know any more.

Hope you get some improvement. I know how frustrating it is when things don't work.

xrunner

But my energilevel is still very low.
It took me two months to notice some improvements in energy levels. I noticed an improvement during a short break from it. When I take it I feel more tired which gets slowly (very) but gradually better over time.
I started with 125ml and the last two months double that dose.
I don't think I realised the scale of improvements until I came off it after six months.
It worked better with Vitamin D (sunshine) which seemed to make it even more effective.
Colostrum-wise I've used Kirkman.

GcMAF Australia

Ah, I see. I have a lot of PEM.
I have been using some colostrum-extrakt liquid, from Germany, I think. But no I am nearly empty and have order some more. Why do you ask?
Liz
the strength of the MAF 314 seems to depend on the strength of the colostrum.
Colostrum can vary even for the same supplier, maybe seasonal??
regards
GcMaf