• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Whitney's message poster link

valentinelynx

Whitney's message is such a beautiful expression of the Tibetan Buddhist practice of Tonglen, "sending and receiving" in which you take in the suffering of other sentient beings and send out relief, openness and compassion. Here's a link to a description of the everyday practice of "Tonglen on-the-spot" from Pema Chödren, a fellow ME/CFS sufferer who fell ill in 1994, a year after myself (she has recovered, at least to some extent). Thank you, Whitney for your strength and compassion!

sunshine44

Que sera sera
Thank-you for sharing Janet. You do not know how this has lifted my spirits today. Thank-you Whitney. I do not know you but I send you so much love from this bed over here.

Also, I love Pema Chodron's work and did not know this @valentinelynx That's really intriguing. Her work helped me get through some very rough times in 2007 and so. I hold her so near and dear to my heart. So much gratitude for all the good people in the world....reminding us of the light.

Gingergrrl

Thank you @Janet Dafoe (Rose49) - every time I read that I start to cry (and I don't cry easily!) Tell Whitney thank you from the bottom of my heart --

I feel the same way @Mary and I printed Whitney's poster (just on regular printer paper w/colored ink) and hung it above my computer so I can see it while I am at my desk typing. It is such an inspiring poster and quote to know that Whitney will keep fighting for everyone who feels like giving up. Any time I have a moment of wanting to give up (about anything), I look at that poster and it reminds me that if Whitney can keep fighting, than I can, too.

This is amazing! Thank you so much! I am so amazed and impressed with your entire family. You are truly an inspiration to us all. You are giving us hope. You are changing the world.
Thank you :)