Whitney Dafoe's 38th Birthday Fundraiser for Ronald W. Davis's research

maddietod

I've just donated, and my CFS brain didn't notice that the default is a charge of 15% of the donation. I saw it, but assumed I had to check something to agree.

They are very quick and friendly about changing the charge.

It's official — thanks to your generosity, we've raised more than $1.5 million for OMF funded research! OMF can now afford the microscope! :) :bow: :balloons: :trophy:
That's great news but OMF is funding 6 research centers. I'm not sure how it works but we don't know what they've earmarked those funds for. I don't think any lab can just take money as they wish.

I mean, they knew OMF'd be getting around that amount this time of year, and still they specifically asked for the microscope. It's got to be for a good reason.

They said if you want money to go to Dr. Davis's lab specifically you've got to write a remark when donating to OMF. Or just donate where Whitney Dafoe linked at the beginning

https://www.spotfund.com/story/c0668b8a-91c3-4934-a40f-9f3dbcb8967a?SFID=FindaCureForMEcfs

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
That's great news but OMF is funding 6 research centers. I'm not sure how it works but we don't know what they've earmarked those funds for. I don't think any lab can just take money as they wish.

I mean, they knew OMF'd be getting around that amount this time of year, and still they specifically asked for the microscope. It's got to be for a good reason.

They said if you want money to go to Dr. Davis's lab specifically you've got to write a remark when donating to OMF. Or just donate where Whitney Dafoe linked at the beginning

https://www.spotfund.com/story/c0668b8a-91c3-4934-a40f-9f3dbcb8967a?SFID=FindaCureForMEcfs
The raised the fundraising target and they got pledges of matching donations.

Last edited: