• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

White Paper Fundraising Tool - Destination Jeff & MacKenzie Bezos?!?

Has a White Paper ever been commissioned / authored, with a particular focus on the demographics of those afflicted with ME, and the resulting loss of tax revenue, societal contributions, intellectual property, etc and alternatively, the impact of collective medical expenses?

I ask, because from my limited knowledge, it seems as though a fair number of folks afflicted with ME were 'doers', often taken in their prime. And, the data above might resonate with certain folks - the uber rich, with a soft spot for those in need.

Food for thought, over the past year, Jeff Bezos has earned roughly $1.5B per week...PER WEEK. A couple hundred million towards ME research would be a barely noticeable blip for him and a nice tax write-off. See article below:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bu...eff-bezos-makes-every-day-hour-minute-2018-10

JaimeS

Has a White Paper ever been commissioned / authored, with a particular focus on the demographics of those afflicted with ME, and the resulting loss of tax revenue, societal contributions, intellectual property, etc and alternatively, the impact of collective medical expenses?

Definitely the US Congressional team has discussed things like this, and so has the USA Working Group...