• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Which supplement has done the most for you?

Inosine. It has made me feel much better. I highly recommend it, felt much much better on it. it’s affordable, and you’ve got nothing to lose.

I improved 1-2 points on Inosine. People have different bioavailabilitys.

Last edited:

Thinktank

A bunch have helped me on different occasions.

DGL - This has healed my gastritis and whenever i feel any discomfort i take 1 chewable tablet.
Boswellia - Very anti-inflammatory, really helps with my asthma and pain in joints and muscles
Quercetin - reduces my sinusitis to a minimum

ChrisD

I am noticeably better in periods when I am using a decent probiotic. Otherwise High dose Vitamin C or Niacin flushes provide me with a small reset when I feel very bad and ''inflamed''.

Wishful

T2 or iodine (some converts to T2) is the only one that provides reliable improvement, one dose every 21 days. Cumin is an effective PEM blocker for me, but I don't know if that qualifies as a supplement. Other supplements, such as l-carnitine, apigenin and thiamine provided some benefits for a limited time, then stopped having a noticeable effect.

Since we all seem to have a wide range of side effects from the core ME/CFS dysfunction, which supplements are effective depends on the individual.

Learner1

The supplements work together - one alone isn't going to do much. These have helped me the most:
  • Glutathione
  • Alpha lipoic acid
  • Custom amino acid blend
  • Phosphatidyl choline
  • B12
  • Pyridoxal-5-phosphate
  • Riboflavin-5-phosphate
  • NAD+

junkcrap50

*Thymosin Alpha-1
Thymosin Beta-4
BCP-157

These are immune modulating peptides, but are not the oral or sublingual Russian peptides (which I don't think do anything and are easily destroyed). These are sub-q injections. I get them form a compounding pharmacy, but they are also available on many "research peptide" sites. They moved me from bedbound to doing 1-2 errands a week and even low-energy socializing. It basically removed all of my inflammation and malaise.

*I think Thymosin Alpha-1 is the peptide that is doing most, if not all, of the immune modulation. I started all 3 at once as I was desperate. But I re-researched the peptides,and I am now thinking of taking stopping the other two, one at a time to see if I need them and to save money.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
The only thing that does anything for me is Red Marine Algae and I can only take that on the bad days as it affects my heart a bit.

Like lots of you, many times when I find something that works, it stops working very soon after or if I slack off and stop taking it, then the next time I try it it doesn't work. :(

Last edited:

Gondwanaland

Carcinine (glycoxil) = mTOR inhibitor, lifted fatigue completely but made me crash after 2 weeks

P5P lifted fatigue but I crashed after 2 weeks

B2 helped me sleep the whole night again - I have to pulse it otherwise I have no histamine in the morning to get out of bed

Magnesium oxide restored glucuronidation and helped me tolerate a lot of foods again

Currently I'm not tolerating any supps

Judee

B2 helped me sleep the whole night again - I have to pulse it otherwise I have no histamine in the morning to get out of bed

Wow. I'm not sure I've ever heard it used to improve sleep. We have been working really hard this week to switch our hours around.

I've tried 5-htp and on a different night L-tryptophan which knock me out but for some reason give me really bad neuro symptoms as well as a return of my IBS. (Not sure why.) :(

:) Thanks, @Gondwanaland. I think you gave me something safer to try. Plus, my mom is histamine intolerant so we can hopefully add this to her histamine cutting regime. :thumbsup:

Gondwanaland

I've tried 5-htp and on a different night L-tryptophan which knock me out but for some reason give me really bad neuro symptoms as well as a return of my IBS. (Not sure why.) :(
Excess serotonin in the gut (from taking Tryptophan) causes IBS-D - from google search:
Serotonin in the Gastrointestinal Tract - NCBI - NIH
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2694720/
by M Camilleri - ‎2009 - ‎Cited by 111 - ‎Related articles

Role of serotonin in the pathophysiology of the irritable bowel syndrome
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1574906/
by MD Crowell - ‎2004 - ‎Cited by 194 - ‎Related articles

Action of serotonin on the gastrointestinal tract. - NCBI
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3919396
by HS Ormsbee 3rd - ‎1985 - ‎Cited by 115 - ‎Related articles

Serotonin and GI Disorders: An Update on Clinical and Experimental ...
https://www.nature.com › ... › clinical and systematic review
by M Manocha - ‎2012 - ‎Cited by 96 - ‎Related articles

Thanks, @Gondwanaland. I think you gave me something safer to try. Plus, my mom is histamine intolerant so we can hopefully add this to her histamine cutting regime.
Good luck!

I use about two miligrams of B2 at bedtime. I don't want to generate an increased need for other vitamins and minerals from taking too much of one thing.

Judee

I use about two miligrams of B2 at bedtime. I don't want to generate an increased need for other vitamins and minerals from taking too much of one thing.

Awww...thank you.:D:D

I should have researched it better online before taking it. I took the 5-htp about 2 years ago too and the L-tryptophan when I was a teen and don't remember issues but then I'm older now and this disease is more progressed especially in the last year or so.

I'm going to stay away from them for now but will try the B2.
Thanks for the dosage too. Our capsules say they are 100mg so we'll just open one up and take a pinch. That makes sense to not load up on a heavy dose of just the one type.

S-VV

My anti bacterial metabolites drink helps:
-A liter of orange juice
-4g ascorbic acid
(These two for endotoxins)
-800mgs of Magnesium
-Two teaspoons of malic acid
(These two to neutralize excess D-Lactate)

The supplement that made the biggest direct impact was MMS. It cuts right into Lyme and fungal flares.

The one time I went into remission (but overworked, underslept and ate a horrible diet, loosing all da gainz) was after serious use uf bovine colostrum, and an E-coli probiotic.