• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

what we have to put up with!

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Hi all, i dont normally take any interest in the NHS (for obvious reasons) but just found myself looking at the NHS website info on "cfs". I thought the UK government agreed it was M.E and that they have adopted the WHO listing of it as a neurological diease - not so the NHS, which just writes any old crap! no wonder we dont get taken seriously by anyone- including the medical proffession.

Check out their info here: http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/chronic-fatigue-syndrome/Pages/Introduction.aspx

I find it spectacularly offensive. Who writes this? and can we get it changed?

free at last

Hi Justy, trust me,untill science proves a testable consistent test, or biomarker,many will never be convinced. Its sad i know. Not surprising some put all there faith in a retro virus is it.