• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What part do these Gene mutations play?

Hi all,

Being on treatment etc i suddenly came down very ill, the only reason i could come up with is some kind of metabolic blockage. By this i mean my body is not communicating and clearing properly, perhaps not even detoxing properly. This also lead to me constantly needing to clear my throat of different stuff.

So i decided to get a test done to see if i have any gene mutations as i suspected the MTHFR mutation.

I found out i did not have the MTHFR gene issue but did have other gene issues.

I have BHMT, SHMT, VDR which are +/+... but the COMT, MTRR are +/-.

Here are my results:
http://imagebucket.net/j7k7ii2xkavb/gene_mutations.jpg

I tried to do some reading on this but most of it is pretty confusing. I am curious if anyone here may be to help me get an idea of what i may need or if there is a reason my body has problems with clearing infection.

To add to this i recently began getting strange "burning smells" through my nose which i suspect is a tell tale sign of a metabolic issue i.e urea. Some use the word "sulphur", i wonder if that is what the smell is?

Many thanks, appreciate any help.

Wayne

Many thanks, appreciate any help.

Hi @jay185,

You didn't really say whether or not you have tinnitus. So I might just refer you over to another website that may have some of the answers you're looking for. THIS LINK will take you to a list of all the threads on that website that have the word "metabolic" in the title.

All the Best!

alicec

I found out i did not have the MTHFR gene issue but did have other gene issues.

I have BHMT, SHMT, VDR which are +/+... but the COMT, MTRR are +/-.

Most of the SNPs you list have no effect. The first COMT and the first MTRR SNP do slow the respective enzymes the the effect of +/- is small.

These SNPs are not the cause of your problems.

Markus83

This also lead to me constantly needing to clear my throat of different stuff.
What do you mean with that "stuff"? Maybe chronic infection? Do you have sore throat or low grade fevers? Do you have a standard blodd panel with ESR and CBC?