• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What is the course of your ME/CFS?

What is your ME/CFS course like? (Please answer only if you've been sick for 6-mo or more.)

• Relapsing-remitting (periods of better wellness and periods of worse wellness)

Votes: 38 33.0%
  • Secondary-progressive (relapsing-remitting, but with a slightly worse 'recovery' each time)

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • Primary-progressive (gradually worsening with no relapsing-remitting pattern)

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Progressive relapsing (gradually worsening, with occasional sharp drops in wellness)

Votes: 20 17.4%

• Total voters

Stretched

No offense taken. FWIW, Tramadol is quasi opioid, having a mu receptor. It’s about the lightest of pseudo-narcotics and has an effect of taking multiple NSAIDS. Years ago
a pharmacist encouraged me to up its taking to more regularity, e.g. 3-5 daily in order to build up my blood concentration/effect. I did this for awhile and then withdrew since I developed a tolerance. It was a minor discomfort for about 3 days, e.g. sniffles, runny nose, and the like - nothing like withdrawing from a more substantial real narcotic compound. I now use it singularly on occasion for minor but persistent pain w/o worry of addiction.

Also, I understand your eye spasms and may even experience some similar aberration. Certainly, bright sunlight is painful to the point of having to use polarized sun glasses to control the input. I had a detached retina in my right eye way back in college. While it was remarkedly fixed I still get wierd sensations in my eyes. I’m not sure if I can correlate this to CFS since I’ve been afflicted with CFS for so long. Maybe others have similar experiences?