• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What has helped you with ebv or cmv induced CFS?

Davsey27

If valtrex,valcyte and other anti-virals are expensive Is there another way to address the virus,?

Right now I am in merida,yucatan experimenting with sunlight therapy per Dr Kruse and dont notice much difference in my 3-4/10 CFS.Been in Mexico for about a month.Maybe slightly since leaving the bay area a month ago.No savings and dependent on family.

Hands and feet are no longer cold but other than that dont notice much difference in energy.

I try to get the sunlight to activate vitamin D to fight off the virus and increase ATP production via mitochondria.Helps with mood some but still PEM.Perhaps it takes time.It will get hotter and hotter each month.Some days sun helps when it's not too hot but other days it feels like a stressors

Appreciate any feedback

Thank You

Last edited:

percyval577

nucleus caudatus et al
Low manganese diet. - EBV blocks the VitD receptor, which uses to transactivate the Mn/Zn exporter ZnT10.
The thing might be valid only on a disease with first impact with borrelia (which contain a lot of Mn)

Furthermore, B5 B7 B2 B1 (best in smal doses, even only a sip, and one after another). VitC (as well sips only).

Then Zinc. Also chromium and nickel. The last two can have serious sideeffects (albeit essential). [I made a thread on my homeopathic? - or dangerous! - nickel intake].

Theory being (my theory) that high Mn has altered the preferences of a nerve cell to fire in certain directions.
So, reversing it by emphasizing other directions. Its mainly a carpenter theory.

Since I take nickel again I have as well no cold feet and hands anymore. (Stopped sadly zinc for now, these two though.)

Is there another way to address the virus?

Yes, I think that olive leaf extract could be effective against EBV (Epstein Barr virus). I contracted ME/CFS after having glandular fever caused by EBV, and continue to take a high dose of olive leaf in powdered form.

For information about olive and its pharmacological effects see:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3002804/

For an article about olive leaf and EBV refer to:
https://ebvhelp.com/olive-leaf-extract/

Please see this thread to read about my remission:
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...he-antiviral-qualities-of-atorvastatin.78886/

Tammy

For an article about olive leaf and EBV refer to:
https://ebvhelp.com/olive-leaf-extract/
Also in the resource/blog section.............the blogger mentions a Dr. Flavin who uses Licorice root and Selenium (among other supplements) for EBV . Dr. Flavin had success with treating kids with mono (EBV) who presented with spleenomegaly. (sp?) I include Licorice root as part of my anti-viral prgram, along with Cats Claw and L-lysine. These are the main anti-virals I use. (I pulse the licorice root, 2 weeks on 2 weeks off). With the L-lysine I took way more mgs than what was suggested on the bottle.

Last edited:

Rufous McKinney

Been in Mexico for about a month.

Congratulations that you actually got there, @Davsey27 :)

It may take more time to notice benefits. But also- some sun is good and too much is not. As a red head- sunbathing is not on the activity list. But get a little more sun definately IS on the list.

bspg

Plant Queen
Valtrex has really helped me with EBV and HSV, but before I found someone willing to prescribe it for me, liquid elderberry extracts were a godsend. It was the only thing that enabled me to get out of bed when I was severely ill.

This is the specific one I used (4 times/day).

large_2b8b5c7b-af8c-4059-b61d-fdc0fa42ff30.jpg

It worked great but it's expensive to use that frequently, because you blow through it quickly. Fortunately, elderberry tincture and syrup are both really easy to make and are much cheaper.

Here's a couple of recipes if you're interested.

Elderberry syrup

Elderberry tincture

P.S. most of the studies on elderberries have tested their efficacy against the flu virus. I don't know if any studies have focused on EBV specifically but my doctor at the time said there was no harm in trying it for EBV and I'm so glad I did. It was really helpful for me!