• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What drink do you use to take your pills with?

junkcrap50

Just curious what other people use to help take their pills? Water? Juice? Smoothie? I'm looking for some new ideas. Thought it would be worth discussing.

Wishful

Usually coffee. I tend to take any supplements at a meal time, and usually have coffee then, so that's what washes the stuff down.

Moof

Usually diet Coke, for the same reason as @Wishful! (Don't like tea and coffee, so often have a glass of Coke with a meal.)

Wolfcub

Water since one time I about died for drinking some pills w lemon juice! Lesson learnt.
This is so true !! It can definitely happen, depending on what the pills are. I have heard (though unfortunately can't remember where...or what exact medicine now) that there can be some serious reactions with some medications when taken with fruit juices. If I find info. on that I will post it.

I mostly use water and tea. I do often wonder if heat (or light) might compromise certain supplements.

For instance, I took L-acetyl carnitine powder for a while. I just did it in my hot tea and drank it during the afternoon.