• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What do we know about the new Pfizer Covid 19 vaccine's mechanisms and ME/CFS patients?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
As we have seen in the news, today they are reporting 90% effectiveness. Does anyone know how it works and how it could potentially affect ME/CFS patients? Many of us have had reactions to other vaccines so wondering if this new vaccine may work through different pathways?

ljimbo423

Many of us have had reactions to other vaccines so wondering if this new vaccine may work through different pathways?

It does seem to be different in how it's made. Although I don't know if that changes how our immune system reacts to it.

Both Pfizer’s vaccine and Moderna’s use messenger-RNA, or mRNA, technology, which uses genetic material to cause the body to create a protein from the virus; the immune system then recognizes the virus and learns to attack.

Other vaccines in the late stages of development use genetically engineered viruses for a similar purpose, or pieces of protein that are directly injected. No mRNA product has ever been approved by regulators.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/09...fective-early-data-from-large-trial-indicate/

pattismith

Here a UK report about Pfizer vaccine reported adverse effects :

050421_PF_DAP.pdf (publishing.service.gov.uk)

Do we know how much Pfizer vaccines were used in the UK during this frame time?

All UK spontaneous reports received between 9/12/20 and 05/04/21 for COVID-19 vaccine mRNA Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine analysis print

I had the Pfizer vaccine 11 days ago and got lip swelling/ulcers since yesterday.

My husband got the vaccine one week before I did, and he got oral ulcers as well, but he doesn't seem to bother any longer now.

vision blue

That”s really interesting because a friend of mine had the Pfizer vaccine and said she got a bunch of mouth sores. She thought the vaccine probably triggered cold sores which she has recuurr sometimes - but who knows.

Victronix

That”s really interesting because a friend of mine had the Pfizer vaccine and said she got a bunch of mouth sores. She thought the vaccine probably triggered cold sores which she has recuurr sometimes - but who knows.

That's interesting - someone I know who got the vaccine just got shingles, and he's only in his early 50s. Before that he got a UTI that might have also been prostatitis (with a 103+ fever), which he's never gotten before either. He's had a lot of stress, but it was surprising to him. Still, could be coincidence.

There are a lot of places to read about vaccine info, but a lot of people can't tolerate anything that raises questions and is considered "anti-vax" so I avoid posting those. But probably the most informative program I watch is Highwire, with Del Bigtree. Youtube banned his channel recently but he has his own site (https://thehighwire.com), and is a former CBS producer of a show called "The Doctors". He has a lot of guest MDs on and recently spoke at the CDC comment period regarding the J&J pause, was essentially begging them to not lift the pause, as Europe did with Astra Zenica, and ended up having more cases of clotting coming up. But overall his programs have a huge amount of news from all over the world about the vaccines.